The primary function of the UKMF consultant is to provide technical information regarding ownership and operation of metering assets and ancillaries to the UKMF membership.
- Attend quarterly UKMF sessions at Gemserv, London and / or various UK locations.
- Be the national ‘face’ of the UKMF representing the organisation and its members in a professional capacity.
- Monitor and advise membership on regulatory related metering matters regarding electricity and gas products (both SMETS and pre-SMETS).
- Liaise with industry stakeholders such as BEIS, OPS&S, OFGEM, EUK, BEAMA, EUA, CMAP, device manufacturers etc. on behalf of the UKMF maintaining impartiality at all times.
- Attend / dial in to industry meetings, as directed by UKMF, representing member views where applicable and provide well balanced, plain English post-meeting notes / Day After Reports for UKMF circulation.
- Attend British Standards PEL 13 committee sessions ensuring the interests of UKMF members are represented and suitably conveyed in the development of metering standards and ancillary standards.
- Review output of industry meetings, as directed by UKMF, providing consultant summary for membership.
- Maintain an informal watching brief on any metering safety or quality issues / potential concerns communicating information to membership in an accurate professional and, where appropriate, discrete manner.
- Provide consultant update covering all work areas, topics of interest / industry engagement etc. for membership circulation prior to each quarterly UKMF meeting.
- Articulate desired / appropriate detail associated with work areas of interest to UKMF membership at forum meetings when requested.
- Interact and communicate with members in between quarterly meetings to understand current activities, needs and issues.
- Encourage member participation into topical discussions / issues as required.
- Enhance the profile of UKMF within the industry reaching out to potential new members.
- Work in conjunction with Gemserv to enhance and develop the UKMF website.
- Technical expertise relating to domestic (and preferably Industrial & Commercial) electricity and gas metering and ancillary assets.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory Directives and Standards relating to gas and electricity metering products procured and installed in the UK.
- Over-arching understanding of the UK Smart Metering framework, associated technical documents and their application (e.g. SMETS, CHTS, SEC, CPL etc.)
- Working knowledge of metering industry governance and Codes of Practice e.g. Supply License Obligations, MOCOPA, MAMCoP, BSC Codes of Practice, I.S.T.
- Understanding of UK legal metrology requirements.
- Previous experience of working in a meter asset related role with at least one Energy Supplier or Meter Asset Provider (MAP, MAP / MOp or MAP / MAM) business (or equivalent) in an Engineering, Regulatory or Management position.
- Experience of collaborating with utility industry stakeholders such as BEIS, OFGEM, SECAS, meter manufacturers etc.
- Should be an advocate of smart metering.
- Experience of working to management standards.
- Educated to HNC level, ideally in electrical / electronic bias.
- Chartered Engineer status would be desirable.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’