Test Lead - Energy
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place across the broader energy sector? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your ambitions to take your career to a higher level?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Solution Design and Support team by employing a Test Lead.
The role offers an opportunity for an experienced Test Lead to be responsible for running the testing element of solution deployment within the Energy accounts. Working predominately within the Faster Switching Programme, you will be able to work across the full testing lifecycle using your expertise to ensure that good industry practice is employed during testing and that teams deliver to a high standard.
- Responsible for designing full test governance including scoping, test plans and test exit reports.
- Development of high level and detailed test case scenarios both internally and externally with other programme stakeholders.
- Defect and issue resolution, including coordinating with external developers for bug fixes.
- Ensure that test phases are completed on schedule and that acceptance criteria are met.
- Identifying any risks and issues that arise throughout the planning and testing phases and working with other stakeholders to manage or mitigate them.
For this role we are looking for candidates to have an excellent understanding of the UK energy market, including knowledge of electricity data flows and industry business processes.
Successful candidates will also need:
- A strong background in both hands-on testing and test management.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise Gemserv’s profile
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’