Technical Project Manager
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. We have ambitions to further support our clients in the digitalization of their services, and as a result we are looking to employ an experienced Technical Project Manager (IT and Cloud). We are looking for someone who has solid Project Management and Stakeholder skills applied in a Technical architecture context with proven experience in the Energy (preferably Smart) Industry and with Cloud Solutions deployment.
You will be working on a variety of client projects across the Energy, Healthcare and Low Carbon sectors, either introducing new technologies and software from scratch, or upgrading existing solutions. You will be part of a broader team of Project Management professionals, working collaboratively with our IT, Digital and Solution Design teams to implement IT infrastructure projects, Cloud Solutions and SaaS to the satisfaction of our clients.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the definition of project Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones), securing the necessary approvals to proceed
- Ensuring that projects are effectively scoped and planned, working collaboratively with internal and third- party technology experts to design solutions
- Providing a technical architecture view of how a project builds on other technology already in use
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining detailed Project Plans
- Providing effective management of technical workstreams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting the PMO Manager on streams of other large projects
- Where appropriate, acting as the scrum-master during agile developments
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to the PMO Manager and all identified stakeholders
- Managing project risks, issues and change control, communicating the impact to the client to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring projects for each client against time, budget and quality standards
- Co-ordinating review and sign-off of major Project deliverables
- Collating project documentation and formally closing off projects
- Conducting or contributing to post implementation reviews and identifying any lessons learned
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience of a range of technical project management skills which they can apply in a transferable manner across differing projects and technology uses.
Specific skills and experience required include:
- Prince2 and Agile Qualifications mandatory, Scrum (preferable)
- Project management and delivery, particularly in technology- based development projects;
- Experience and understanding of the tools and appropriate framework to apply in technology- based development projects;
- Client, supplier and stakeholder relationship management, including suppliers as well as key internal and external stakeholders;
- Good understanding and experience of Risk tools and management;
- Excellent organisation skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead your project team;
- The ability to monitor and control budgets;
- The ability to work in a technical environment and use agile techniques where needed;
- Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations;
- Third party management skills to ensure suppliers deliver results
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure;
- Objectivity and integrity in working with stakeholders;
- Proactive and responsive to internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Flexibility and adaptability to react to changing demands and needs of the project, including reprioritisation of work;
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project Management tools (MS Project, Jira or others)
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’