Are you a leader looking to make a positive impact on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across the broader energy sector?
Do you want to work for a dynamic company that really values inclusive leadership and provides significant opportunities for you to take your career even further?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our SECAS team by employing a Technical Consultant.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, and Gemserv provides the SEC Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service, so, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As a Technical Consultant within our Smart Energy Code Technical Operations team, you will be working on one of our Major Accounts, in a team whose responsibility is, via the relevant committees, to ensure that the Smart Meter infrastructure is designed effectively, tested properly and working correctly, as defined by the SEC.
In your role you will support the activities of the Operations Group (OPSG), Testing Advisory Group (TAG) and Technical Architecture and Business Architecture Sub-Committee (TABASC) by shaping the discussion, writing papers, and leading projects and actions arising from monthly meetings. These sub-committees are responsible for matters relating to the ongoing operation and technical aspects of the smart metering arrangements. You will also liaise with the Data Communications Company (DCC), the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and Ofgem on matters relating to the technical aspects of the SEC.
You will work in a small team of consultants and analysts to carry out the day to day deliverables relating to the SEC Panel technical sub-committees, and you will also engage with technical experts across the business and the wider SECAS Team.
We are looking for a self-starter who will not just follow, but who will drive the agenda moving forward, as we support the industry in navigating its way through the complexity of the smart meter rollout.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Independent Chairs of the sub-committees and SEC Panel;
- Liaising with the DCC, BEIS and Ofgem on the technical aspects of the SEC and representing those views at industry governance and DCC run forums;
- Preparation and development of reports and technical papers for consideration by the sub-committees and SEC Panel;
- Providing oversight and leadership on projects resulting from matters discussed at the sub-committees, such as working with industry and the DCC to resolve issues;
- Developing an understanding of priorities and key issues for DCC Users; engaging with Users to develop potential changes to ways of working; and
- Managing technical issues affecting operations under the SEC.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- have a background in Smart metering;
- have the skills, knowledge and technical confidence to work with industry stakeholders, committees and chairs as peers;
- have a solid understanding of the technical architecture underpinning GB smart metering;
- have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- have strong client and stakeholder management skills;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities;
- strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be degree educated or have equivalent professional experience.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’