Stakeholder Engagement Consultant - Smart Energy Code
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we’re expanding and looking to employ a Stakeholder Engagement Consultant within our Smart Energy Code Party Engagement team. We are looking for someone with a background in smart metering, excellent communication and relationship management skills and a keen eye for detail.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, and Gemserv provides the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service, so, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As Stakeholder Engagement Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with new applicants and existing SEC Parties and key stakeholders. You will help to develop and implement a communications plan (including webinars, workshops, and training days) designed to drive engagement with SEC Parties (e.g., energy suppliers) and to raise their awareness of the relevant processes and updates to the Smart Energy Code (SEC) which may impact them.
You will spend time reviewing the processes that underpin our services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and meet the needs of SEC Parties. A key aspect of the role will be ensuring that we deliver exceptional service to our clients and further digitalise our services.
Additionally, you will support the production of external communications such as newsletters, emails, guidance documents and website content, working alongside the marketing team.
A further aspect of your role will be to manage a Helpdesk, providing second line support to predominantly email queries, and guiding suppliers through the process of becoming SEC Parties and DCC Users, which involves both external and internal liaison across the wider Smart Energy Code Administration Service (SECAS) team.
The successful candidate will require excellent communication and relationship management skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly organised and will hold themselves and others to high standards of quality and will proactively identify and drive service enhancements within the Party Engagement and wider SECAS team.
There is potential for the scope of the role to change over time, in line with candidate skills, and as we review how we structure the team to deliver the best client experience.
The SECAS team itself comprises 30 motivated individuals who pride themselves on quality of delivery. We’ve fostered a collaborative and fun atmosphere, which has been essential in keeping the team motivated whilst remote working. Under normal circumstances we are predominantly office based but in the current environment most people are now blending their time between the office and working from home.
As a Stakeholder Engagement Consultant, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting external communications (emails, newsletters, guidance notes, website content) and collaborating with marketing to deliver high quality, well-written and targeted communications;
- Co-ordinating and presenting at engagement events; whether in-person or via webinar, managing and acting on feedback from attendees, and following up on any resulting actions;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with SEC Parties and key stakeholders from the Data Communications Company (DCC), Ofgem and BEIS;
- Guiding customers through the SEC Party and DCC User and Event of Default processes;
- Collaborating with the wider SECAS Team and key stakeholders;
- Managing the SECAS helpdesk and ensuring emails are responded to in a timely manner;
- Continuously improving the processes used by the team with a focus on innovation and digitalisation; and
- Ensuring that we track and meet our service levels and deliver exceptional service to our client.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects and convey points concisely using plain English;
- have excellent stakeholder engagement and presentation skills;
- be digitally competent and able to present information clearly for the intended audience;
- have demonstrable project management skills, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering;
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre, and
- have an understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’