Smart Energy Technical Operations Manager - Smart Energy Code
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Smart Energy Technical Operations Manager within our Smart Energy Code team. We are looking for someone who has both knowledge of the operational/regulatory aspects of smart metering, and established stakeholder and management skills.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, and Gemserv provides the SEC Administrator and Secretariat (SECAS) service, so, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As the Smart Energy Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing issues affecting operations under the SEC. Key to this will be the shaping the discussion, writing papers and proactively managing actions arising from monthly industry facing operational meetings. You will also liaise with the Data Communications Company (DCC), the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and Ofgem on matters relating to the technical and operational aspects of the SEC, providing advice on regulation and operational obligations so informed decisions can be made.
You will manage a small team of consultants and analysts who support the delivery of activities relating to the Operations Group Sub-Committee and ensure a quality service is provided to our client..
- Being an expert on operational obligations and regulations under the SEC and Smart Metering Communication License;
- Co-managing and providing advice/support to the Operations Group (OPSG);
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Independent Chairs of the Operations Group sub-committee and SEC Panel;
- Providing oversight and leadership on projects resulting from matters discussed at the OPSG;
- Proactively managing technical issues and risks affecting operations under the SEC;
- Liaising with the DCC, BEIS and Ofgem on the technical aspects of the SEC and representing those views at industry governance and DCC run forums;
- Ensuring User views on operational matters are sought, clearly articulated and action taken;
- Reviewing evidence provided by DCC regarding operational issues and advising Users appropriately;
- Ensuring quality of delivery. This includes deliverables such as presentations and papers to the Panel and its Sub-committees as well as the service we provide to support the day to day running of OPSG
The successful candidate will have a background in the energy industry, and smart metering. In addition, they must:
- understand the requirements and obligations relating to operations under the Smart Energy Code to be able to influence discussion regarding operational issues and compliance;
- have proven management experience, and be able to shape, lead and develop a team;
- have the skills, knowledge and technical confidence to work with industry stakeholders, committees and chairs as peers;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities;
- have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in a short space of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- be proactive and driven, able to challenge the status quo;
- be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders;
- be a team player, with good team interaction and interpersonal skills, working towards a shared vision for the future; and
- be degree educated or have equivalent professional experience.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’