Smart Energy Consultant - Smart Energy Code
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Smart Energy Consultant to join our Smart Energy Code team.
The role is part of our Smart Energy Technical Operations team, a dedicated technical group sitting within the wider SECAS team. The main responsibility of this team, via the relevant committees, is to ensure that the Smart Meter infrastructure is designed effectively, tested properly and working correctly, as defined by the SEC.
In your role as Smart Energy Consultant, you will support our Technical Sub-Committees (which sit beneath the SEC Panel) by shaping the discussion, writing and reviewing technical papers and leading projects and actions arising from the monthly meetings. A sound understanding of the Smart Metering infrastructure is therefore essential to the role.
Our Technical Sub-Committees comprise of key industry stakeholders (SEC Parties) representing Energy Suppliers, Equipment Manufacturers, Network Operators, and the Data Communications Company (DCC). The Technical Sub-Committees are the Technical And Business Architecture Sub-Committee (TABASC); the Testing Advisory Group (TAG); and the Operations Group (OPSG). You will also liaise with the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem, on matters relating to operational and technical aspects of the SEC, so have the opportunity to shape and influence the direction of the programme. Strong stakeholder management skills are therefore a must.
You will work in a small team of consultants and analysts who carry out the day to day deliverables relating to the SEC Panel Technical Sub-Committees, and you will also engage with technical experts across the business and the wider SECAS team. The SECAS team itself comprises 30 motivated individuals who pride themselves on quality of delivery. We’ve fostered a collaborative and fun atmosphere, which has been essential in keeping the team motivated whilst remote working. Under normal circumstances we are predominantly office based, but anticipate more people taking advantage of flexible working in the future.
As a Smart Energy Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to the Panel Sub-Committees (TABASC, TAG and the OPSG), including the preparation and development of reports and technical papers
- Regularly liaising with the Data Communications Company (DCC), and quality reviewing their outputs to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Chairs of these committees
- Developing an understanding of priorities and key issues for SEC Parties; engaging with Parties to develop potential changes to ways of working
- Liaising with the Department for BEIS and Ofgem on the technical aspects of the SEC and representing those views at industry governance and DCC run forums
- Providing oversight and leadership on projects resulting from matters discussed
- Active management of outstanding actions and issues relating to the technical Sub-Committees
- Identification and implementation of process improvements between SECAS and the DCC
- Answering queries received through the SECAS Helpdesk.
We are looking for a self-starter who will not just follow, but who will drive the agenda moving forward as we support the industry in navigating its way through the complexity of the smart meter rollout.
The successful candidate will:
- have a solid understanding of the technical architecture and specifications underpinning GB smart metering (including SMETS, GBCS, DUIS, Zigbee)
- have substantial experience up to 4 years’ experience of working within the Smart Metering industry
- have the skills, knowledge and technical confidence to work with Industry Stakeholders, Committees and Meeting Chairs
- have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate complex issues and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- have strong client and stakeholder management skills, and be proactive in identifying and addressing client requirements
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities
- have excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
- strive for excellence in their work and that of others, able to deliver high quality work, being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- be degree educated or have equivalent professional experience.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’