Senior Systems Administrator
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Senior Systems Administrator to join our IT Team team.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Systems Administrator. The post holder will report to the IT Manager, and the successful applicant will provide expert level knowledge in all of the technologies below and ideally previously have come from and worked within a managed services / hosted services environment. The successful applicant should be comfortable balancing the daily demands of a busy helpdesk with advanced infrastructure and web projects. The applicant will need to demonstrate mentoring and guiding staff and fostering strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- IT security and availability;
- Providing support of back-office and SaaS systems and external hosted Azure data centre applications;
- Providing support of the Ubiquiti Network infrastructure across 2 UK sites.
- Systems upgrades and improvement planning as required;
- Maintenance of security standards and accreditations such as ISO27001 & CyberEssentials Plus;
- Technical lead and/or support on IT-related projects & on internal & external IT Audits as required;
- Provision of technical mentoring of junior staff as required;
- Building and sustaining relationships with internal staff, external contractors and associates through strong communications skills, professional conduct and applied knowledge;
- Applying expertise and knowledge within best practice to achieve a secure-by-design outcome for all systems as well as data privacy considerations under GDPR;
- Influencing and persuasion;
- Planning, organising and managing skills.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to demonstrate:
- Expert level of knowledge of Windows server 2019 and 2016.
- Active Directory and Azure AD domain management
- Office 365 administration and troubleshooting
- Experience of managing cloud infrastructure solutions. Azure PaaS required.
- Experience of web server configuration and administration in Wordpress
- Capable of creating and maintaining Linux virtual hosts and configurations;
- DNS, DHCP, IIS, DFS, Terminal Services and strong Powershell knowledge
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills including VLAN
- Strong Microsoft SQL skills covering installation, configuration and administration within a highly secure, highly resilient model;
- Experience of VMware and virtualisation of IT infrastructure (Preferably Version 6.2) including SAN and network configuration
- Overall strong Infrastructure security including hardening of Microsoft operating systems and excellent troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledgeable of firewall configuration and troubleshooting (Checkpoint preferred)
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of Disaster Recovery and BCP technologies and processes
- Knowledge of information security best practices methodologies, with ISO27001 and/or BS7799 being advantageous.
- You will also be required to demonstrate the following key competencies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey technical issues and solutions to non-technical audiences;
- Experience of developing and mentoring team members;
- Proven ability of identifying issues, using relevant data and impact analysis, resulting in practical recommendations and solutions
- Exceptional Infrastructure related troubleshooting and problem-solving experience
- Experience of delivering effective solutions autonomously and pro-actively; and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, developing positive relationships with colleagues and creating an effective team working environment.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’