Senior Operations Analyst - Smart Energy
Are you looking for a role which allows you to develop your stakeholder management, organisational and analytical skills whilst building your technical knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Operations Analyst within our Smart Energy Code team.
Smart Metering is the next generation of gas and electricity meters and they are being installed in every home across the country. As part of Critical National Infrastructure, security of smart meters needs to be delivered and maintained to the highest levels.
As the Senior Analyst for Smart Meter Security, you will be working on one of our Major Accounts in a dedicated team whose responsibility is to assure the security of smart meter devices, as defined in the Smart Energy Code – the rulebook for smart meters.
The primary focus of the role is to engage with customers and assist them by co-ordinating, tracking, and managing their security assessments. On a day to day basis, this will involve managing third party service providers who deliver Security Assessments on our behalf, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to quality. You will also liaise with our Information Security professionals to deliver general security support and risk assessments for our clients.
A further aspect will be to ensure that we deliver exceptional service to our clients and effectively support the Security Sub-Committee meetings. This will involve inputting into papers and taking ownership for the resulting actions. You will therefore need to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management, organisational and communication skills.
- Managing and tracking multiple security and privacy assessments for SEC Parties ensuring clear and timely communication with customers;
- Liaising with service providers who undertake the User Security Assessments, ensuring that we consistently receive quality and value for money;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and consistency;
- Ensuring that Security and Privacy Assessments are adequately tracked, and processes optimised;
- Liaising with the internal consultancy team who deliver Information Security support to our clients;
- Providing support with receiving, logging and answering queries received through the SECAS Helpdesk;
- Supporting the two Security sub-committees and their Independent Chair with papers, reports and work packages and providing a quality service;
- Ensuring that we deliver our SEC obligations whilst providing exceptional service to our clients;
- Maintaining a collaborative and engaging attitude to pick up and run with additional tasks as required and to undertake them with enthusiasm.
- Processing CPL submissions, and resolving any related customer queries;
- Maintaining procedural documentation and work instruction manuals, and updating it as new requirements arise from SEC modifications and industry requests;
- Ability to manage third parties to SLA’s and quality standards;
- Exceptional attention to detail and has a high focus on quality of work;
- Strong task management and co-ordination skills, able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Ability to manage and improve processes;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and numeracy skills, able to communicate complex information;
- Strong client engagement and stakeholder management capabilities, and passionate about delivering an exceptional service;
- A team player, willing to support the wider team
An understanding and experience of industry codes and governance in the energy markets is desirable, as is and understanding of the security requirements contained in the SEC (but it is not essential).
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.