Senior Governance Administrator
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Governance Administrator within our Smart Energy Code team.
Primarily you will be responsible for coordinating and attending industry meetings as well as preparing meeting documentation and meeting minutes for the Smart Energy Code Technical Sub-Committees. The role will involve a mixture of drafting meeting papers and minutes, managing the technical Sub-Committees including coordinating actions updates, preparing slides to support the meetings and acting as a quality gatekeeper.
The role requires strong written skills, relationship management skills, flexibility to manage changing and competing priorities, and a keen eye for detail.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, and the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) is one of the major accounts that Gemserv is responsible for delivering. Gemserv provides the SEC Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service, so, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As the Senior Governance Administrator within our Smart Energy Code team, you will be working on one of our Major Accounts, in a team whose responsibilities are to coordinate meetings for the SEC Panel and its technical Sub-Committees ensuring meeting documentation and minutes are accurate and well written and closely support the Independent Chairs to ensure the meetings are well run and effective.
The successful candidate will require strong written skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities.
We are looking for a self-starter who has a passion for delivering exceptional client service.
- Coordinating multiple SEC committee meetings, including booking venues, managing attendees and consolidating actions updates;
- Drafting summary meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Building strong client relationships with the independent Chairs and industry stakeholders;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality;
- Continuously improving the processes and products of the team with a focus on innovation; and
- Ensuring we meet our service levels regarding committee support by working to deadlines.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have well-developed client and stakeholder management skills;
- have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- have experience of following and improving processes;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering;
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre; and
- have understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’