Senior Data Scientist
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Senior Data Scientist to join our Data and Analytics team.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help Gemserv and our clients explore and deploy business opportunities enabled by data science techniques, using the latest technologies as well as develop a data informed / led culture.
You will work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering modern data solutions into various organisations.
You will get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting data challenges.
We aim to leverage the latest cloud tools and technologies to build data solutions at the enterprise level.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to take the lead on data science or advanced analytics related projects. This is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with ever changing needs and explorative projects. As a senior data scientist, you would have to:
- Liaise with other data analysts, consultants and decision-makers such as industry experts, business analysts and business leaders to gather and analyse the data requirements
- Ability to mine and analyse large data sets and subsequently infer relevant insights
- Design, build, refractor and optimise various data science pipelines
- Design and implement various models / algorithms, using the most relevant techniques to ensure accuracy and performance
- Deploy, manage & operationalise machine learning models for enterprises from PoC to production
- Implement various data quality checks to ensure accuracy, completeness, consistency, timeliness, and reliability of the data
- Support pre-sales, solution design and estimation activities including bid preparation
- Setup, configure and manage cloud resources to provide a performance and cost optimal service for different workloads
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team
You will have the expertise and confidence to work collaboratively with engineers, architects, subject matter experts and business analysts in multi-disciplinary teams, and have demonstrable experience in several of these areas:
- Great interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Project management, execution, and drive to get things done
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of performance coaching and management of other data scientists
- Passionate about learning new and cutting-edge technologies
- Advanced degree, MSc or PhD in a quantitative field (Ex. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering etc)
- Deep technical expertise in variety of machine learning techniques and their real world-advantages/drawbacks (clustering, regression, decision trees, neural networks etc)
- Demonstrable experience in applying machine learning and statistical approaches to business applications in energy and utilities, health, public sector, low carbon/sustainability domains
- Hands on experience building and deploying production grade machine learning models on AWS/Azure/GCP tool kits
- Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using relevant tools to manipulate data, extract information and mine for insights to visualize
- Have programming expertise with one or more of R & Python and its diverse libraries (NUMPY, SCIPY, PANDAS, SCIKIT-LEARN, MATPLOTLIB, PYTDS, PYOBC, PYWT, JOBLIB, MULTIPROCESSING, PYSPARK, RAY, NUMBA, WEAVE, CYTHON)
- In-depth understanding of on-prem and cloud database technologies like Teradata, Hadoop, Snowflake, Oracle and Vertica and multiple BI platforms such as Business Objects, Tableau, and others
Nice to have:
- Experience on low/no-code tools – Dataiku, Data Robot etc
- Cloud based data science certifications – Ex: Azure data scientist associate
- Basic experience working with/building API’s
- Experience working with Git/Github & analytical model management
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines / DevOps / DataOps as well as Agile/waterfall ways of working
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’