Senior Consultant - Low Carbon
Heat decarbonisation is one of the biggest challenges facing the UK as part of the transition to a low carbon economy. Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there.
Thanks to a growing pipeline of new business and an exciting period of policy development, the Gemserv Low Carbon Business Unit are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic consultant with a strong interest in heat decarbonisation and commercial experience of low carbon retrofit.
The role requires the candidate to have a broad knowledge and understanding of low carbon heating technologies and applications. This role involves providing insight and expertise into the low carbon heating transition , developing white papers and thought leadership to support service developments. Successful candidates will be expected to network, build and manage client and stakeholder relationships. This role will put the candidate at the heart of the debate surrounding heat decarbonisation with a chance to shape its future. It will also give the candidate exposure to key decision makers such as industry leaders, Government Ministers and civil servants,
As a leading source of professional services to enable the transition to net zero, the Gemserv Low Carbon Business Unit is expanding. We are looking to add to our existing team with an individual whose principal day to day duties will be to:
Reporting into the Low Carbon Business Unit, the specific duties of the role will include:
- Managing the Gemserv client relationship with leading companies and organisations active in heat decarbonisation
- Networking and effectively engaging with stakeholders and developing wider business opportunities in low carbon heat to strengthen Gemserv's position as knowledge expert.
- Undertaking work to deliver on key consulting assignments, providing insight, analysis and advice to organisations across the low carbon transition with a focus on heat and energy efficiency
- Ownership of the delivery of contracted consultancy projects.
- Project managing or leading work streams and delivery of consultancy projects; delivering on time and to budget.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts; and
- Supporting Gemserv's Business Development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities, drafting tenders responses and providing technical input; and
- Speaking at public events to promote Gemserv products and services
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Educated to graduate or post-graduate level
- Direct professional experience within heat decarbonisation
- Highly literate (able to write reports/proposals/professional briefings) and numerate (able to interpret statistical and numerical data).
- Demonstrable presenting complex information to non-expert and expert audiences
- Experience of developing strong stakeholder relationships
- Experience (technical and/or commercial) in the delivery of building retrofit projects such as low carbon heating systems, heat pumps, heat networks or energy efficiency
- Commercial awareness including proposing & business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message;
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- A strong interest in and aptitude for developing low carbon consultancy skills and helping deliver heat decarbonisation projects
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’