Senior Consultant - Gas Services
We are currently looking to recruit an ambitious and results-focused individual to join the gas services team. This team is responsible for operating our client contracts within the GB gas market.
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage the current contractual deliverables whilst looking to grow team into new areas. This role involves providing insight and expertise into the daily operations through stakeholder engagement and client coordination whilst supporting business development and developing thought leadership to support service development.
Successful candidates will be expected to network, build and manage client and stakeholder relationships.
Candidates wishing to apply for this role must have gas experience, outstanding self-management skills and ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
The successful candidate will demonstrate core gas experience which they can apply to an ongoing and varied range of activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contract Management - ensure that all requirements are delivered to time and quality
- Build and maintain relationships with the client and industry
- Team Management – cultivating our talent to identify, utilise and develop appropriate skills for each team member
- Identify areas of development for the contract including reviewing gas codes
- Manage data provision updates and oversee the production of reports
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of internal processes/LWIs.
- Responsible for finding and implementing innovation in the gas services team to gain efficiencies where applicable.
- Website Management including an annual review to ensure the user experience is up to date.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
Experience and Knowledge
- Possess a good understanding of the gas code governance arrangement, the stakeholders involved and administration protocols
- Be able to confidently work with large volumes of data, demonstrating a detailed understanding of business analytics and data validation
- Have a comprehensive understanding of risk assessment and modelling
- Have strong regulatory expertise, with the ability to demonstrate experience of working with regulatory documents, the frameworks within which the documents are used and the relevant governing bodies
- An ability to review organisational processes, provide efficiencies and identify the use of innovative or digitised solutions.
Skills and Qualities
- Appreciation and understanding of managing client expectations towards delivery
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills and attention to detail in high-pressure and tight deadline driven environments;
- Strong self-management and self-motivation skills;
- Excellent, relevant and timely written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Ability to analyse opportunities, risks & issues on their feet;
- Commercial awareness including proposing & business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message;
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Flexibility and adaptability to regularly react to changing demands and needs of the industry.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’