Senior Committee Support
Are you a great communicator? Are the details important to you? Do you want a healthy work/life balance and to join a company with an active social scene? Are you looking for opportunities to build a career?
Gemserv are currently looking to recruit a Senior Committee Support administrator to work in our London office.
Although the role is focused on administration, it also offers the potential to learn hands-on about the broader energy sector with fantastic networking opportunities for those keen to develop their experience and knowledge in the industry.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to establish yourself or develop your career in one of the most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for recent graduates or those that have already gained some experience within a regulated industry looking to take the next step.
- Reporting into the Head of Governance and Communications. The Senior Committee Support has responsibility for ensuring that meetings held under the MRA are effectively delivered to a high standard. They are responsible for ensuring that requisite notices are sent out via agreed means, that meeting attendees are taken care of, and that teleconference facilities are used effectively. They are responsible for the production of agendas, meeting minutes and actions, and for making sure that action owners deliver on time. They work closely with the meeting chairs to understand the chairs’ expectations, and they always put the client first.
- Authoring of accurate meeting agendas, meeting minutes and collated actions for meetings of the MRA Executive Committee (MEC), MRASCo Board, General Meetings, Finance and Audit Committee (FAC), Services Agreement Committee (SAC) and MRA Forum.
- Timely publication of all pre- and post-meeting papers due to be circulated for each meeting, via the agreed means of publication.
- Keeping a record of all meeting attendees, their means of attendance, and their dietary requirements, and advising Business Support of the attendees and lunches required for each meeting, providing the requisite notice.
- Ensure that all communications sent out in support of the meetings are done so to the highest level of quality and in a timely manner.
- Completion of any other administrative tasks identified as required to deliver an effective service to the relevant meetings.
- Work closely with the appointed chair or internal senior lead for the meetings, to understand their requirements, receive feedback and adapt methodologies based on feedback received.
- Management of the email helpdesks set up for the meetings you are responsible for, ensuring that all queries are assigned to relevant people within the team and addressed within agreed timescales.
- Log into the telephone helpdesks during working hours and accept calls presented to you, answering queries accurately and using a good telephone manner.
- Support team members by carrying out quality reviews as required, including reviews of meeting papers and of periodic updated releases of the MRA code documents.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, building trust and working to understand their priorities and drivers.
- Provide Committee Support cover to other meetings supported by the team, in the event of absence or unavailability.
- To create, implement, maintain and improve processes which underpin the committee support services delivered throughout the team.
- To provide further support as required to enable the effective delivery of client focused activities.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in or knowledge of the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Previous Secretariat experience desirable
- Practical experience using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational abilities, with a focus on attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels and to be a team player
- Confidence and enthusiasm to present to colleagues and other stakeholders
- Good assertive and influencing skills
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’