Senior Change Analyst
Are you a great communicator? Are the details important to you? Do you want a healthy work/life balance and to join a company with an active social scene? Are you looking for opportunities to build a career?
Gemserv are currently looking to recruit a Senior Change Analyst to work in our London office.
The role would suit a proactive and driven person with keen analytical skills and the ability to manage and document industry discussions accurately. It also offers the potential to learn hands-on about the broader energy sector with fantastic networking opportunities for those keen to develop their experience and knowledge in the industry.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to establish yourself or develop your career in one of the most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for recent graduates or those that have already gained some experience within a regulated industry looking to take the next step.
We are looking to recruit a proactive and highly organised individual with exceptional customer service skills to join the Smart Energy Code team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for progressing a portfolio of modifications to the Smart Energy Code. This role sits within the SECAS Change Management team, which drives change and provides support and guidance on the SEC Modification and Release processes. The primary function of the role will involve working with the energy industry to identify problems, develop solutions, assess and research the impacts of changes, and to document and present the requirements and conclusions to stakeholders. The role therefore requires excellent project management, business analysis and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be able to manage their own time and workload, proactively research the background and identify problems, and use logical and timely methods to resolve issues.
Reporting to the Change Team Leader, the specific duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- project managing modifications through the process from inception to decision, creating, adapting and executing project plans;
- building and maintaining strong client and customer relationships;
- preparing for and facilitating industry discussions to identify and develop solutions;
- researching the background and wider industry developments, analysing the impacts and costs of each change and developing the requirements, business cases and proposed solutions;
- reviewing and responding to industry consultation responses;
- preparing a range of reports and supporting material that cover the details, discussions and recommendations for each modification;
- presenting the findings and recommendations for each modification to the SEC Panel and the Change Board;
- preparing and implementing approved changes to the SEC;
- liaising with and presenting to other industry stakeholders or forums, including regulatory, settlement and governance bodies;
- providing friendly and reliable expert advice to clients on industry change and the SEC processes; and
- continuously improving the processes and products of the team.
There are opportunities for growth and development leading to promotion within the role.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in or knowledge of the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- have excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills, and will be able to comprehend and communicate complex issues, solutions and arguments to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities, able to manage their time, and be adaptable to varying workloads and changing priorities;
- be comfortable working to targets and have a systematic approach;
- strive for excellence in their work, with exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality;
- show honesty and responsibility for their work;
- be a fast learner, able to assimilate and understand new information and subject areas in short spaces of time and pick up new processes and ways of working quickly;
- be passionate about delivering an exceptional service to stakeholders; and
- be a team player, with good interpersonal skills.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’