Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place across the broader energy sector? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your ambitions to take your career to a higher level?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Consultancy team by employing a Security Consultant.
Gemserv are looking for talented cyber security professionals. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting senior cyber security consultancy roles at our clients within financial services, defence and government. These roles are based from home within the UK, will include travel to client sites and may include international travel in support of specific client engagements.
Gemserv are a leading cyber security consultancy. We focus on providing innovative solutions to address the cyber challenges that organisations’ face. We work in close partnership with our clients to understand their business objectives and demonstrate how robust cyber resilience can help in achieving them. As a result, we are growing fast.
We have a range of exciting opportunities for professionals who see the big picture, can communicate technical concepts clearly and demystify cyber security for our clients.
In return we offer a great working environment, with a defined career progression. You’ll be part of team of enthusiastic cyber experts who love solving problems, support each other, and provide excellent service.
Gemserv is a London based consultancy with clients primarily in Central Government, Defence, Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Energy and FTSE listed organisations. We undertake varied and interesting projects defining cyber security strategies, undertaking risk assessment and applying the corresponding risk treatment activities, assisting organisations with their cyber compliance obligations and steering governance activities.
Our consultants currently engaged in the Critical National Infrastructure range from leading Cyber Security initiatives in HMG departments, to our junior consultants assisting suppliers through their Security and Privacy Assessments.
Within the Defence sector, our experience stretches from leading formal Accreditation to leading governance boards and supporting information risk assessments.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- A passion for cyber security and a broad understanding of the concepts and the industry as a whole
- A commercial focus and experience of a competitive bid environment with a strong motivation to win
- Deep knowledge of a specialist area of cyber security as a recognised and certified subject matter expert (SME), whether technical, risk related, compliance, security business modelling or operational security management
- Delivering commercial security consultancy projects as the engagement lead
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adept in operating in commercially challenging situations
- Enjoy working in a high performing team environment
- Enjoy a good degree of autonomy and delegated responsibility
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, particularly at executive level
- Strong business analysis and project management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and skills
- Enjoy working in a flat organisational hierarchy with a good degree of flexibility
- Knowledge of information security principles and best practice such as ISO27001, ISO27002, RESILIA, Cyber Essentials Scheme
- Experience of sector-specific security best practice such as JSP440, CESG IS1/2, SEC Security Control Framework
- Experience of working on HMG/MOD Accreditation projects
- Certified Information Systems and Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISO27001 Lead Auditor
- ISO27001 Lead Implementer
- Security Cleared (BS 7858, SC or DV)
- CESG Certified Professional (at any level)
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.