SECAS Governance Administrator
Are you looking for a role which allows you to further develop your Governance and writing skills, whilst developing detailed knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Senior Governance Administrator within our Smart Energy Code Administration Service (SECAS) team.
The successful candidate will work within the SECAS team to provide administrative support to Technical Sub-Committees by co-ordinating meeting papers and drafting detailed minutes, organising and facilitating meetings and communicating industry developments.
This role will focus on stakeholder management of the Data Communications Company (DCC) and committee members, provision of high-quality documentation in the form of meeting papers, minutes, guidance documents and newsletter content.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, require strong communication skills, excellent written skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities.
The SECAS team itself comprises over 30 motivated individuals who pride themselves on quality of delivery while also fostering a collaborative and fun atmosphere. We operate a hybrid working approach with a mix of office and remote working, with the team expected to be in Gemserv’s London office for part of the week.
- Coordinating multiple committee meetings, including arranging online and in-person meetings and managing membership and attendees;
- Preparing meeting documentation and actively managing meeting actions to secure timely updates;
- Drafting meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Contributing to monthly reporting on team activities carried out;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships with the Independent Chairs of the committees, the Data Communications Company and industry stakeholders;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and consistency, and acting as a quality gatekeeper;
- Continuously improving team processes , comfortable challenging the status quo; and
- Ensuring we meet our service levels by working to deadlines.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent planning and organisational abilities, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- have good stakeholder management skills with the ability and confidence to influence peers;
- have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering (desirable);
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre; and
- have an understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’