Sales Director - Energy Sector
Are you looking for a role where you can, put your experience and skills to good use growing a business, and continue to learn and develop as an individual?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts, seeing our role on existing ones extended, and acquiring new service capabilities which complement our strengths.
We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen the Energy team by appointing an ambitious and self-motivated Sales Director. You will be empowered to grow your networks and contribute to the future success of the organisation by maximising new business sales.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Energy Business Unit team, reporting to the Director of Energy. You will also be a contributor to developing new service propositions, meeting the changing needs of clients in the Energy sector, and supporting them to meet their goals and objectives through consultative selling.
The core focus of the role is to identify, prioritise and exploit new business opportunities by networking, developing strong, long-term relationships and supporting the development of solutions that meet Clients' current and future needs.
The right candidate will have a proven track record in the Energy sector of generating new business leads, negotiating and closing sales through direct selling as well as through bids. This individual will have the ability to understand and communicate to clients the technical and delivery aspects of Energy Services in areas such as Smart Metering, Energy Regulation, Testing and Assurance, Digital transformation and Cyber Security and related areas.
- New business lead generation and sales in the Energy sector to achieve revenue targets
- Contribute to the development of the Energy strategy, working with internal stakeholders to develop service propositions
- Understanding market conditions and prioritising activities to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our services and ways we deliver them to generate value propositions for use in consultative selling,
- Helping to grow awareness of our brand through a network of contacts across the Energy sector complementary to our service offerings
- Growth of new clients won through upselling and cross-selling
- Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key clients sectors of the industry, working closely with colleagues in Consultancy and Marketing
- Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders using our sales platform
- Writing proposals and bid responses
- Negotiating on and closing sales
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Experience in selling consultancy or similar service in the Energy sector
- Experience of nurturing and tendering for multi-year contract bids with multi-million pound value
- Experience in developing strategic, multi-level relationships within clients through networking and partnering
- Proven track record in generating and successfully closing sales opportunities within the Energy sector
- A developed network of Energy sector contacts
- Proven experience in building and maintaining exceptional relationships with clients
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the Energy ecosystem, it’s challenges and opportunity areas
- Strategically minded and capable of generating new business opportunities
- Excellent communication and written skills including bid and tender responses
- A self-starter who is creative and able to drive sales autonomously while working collaboratively with colleagues to support bids and to deliver services
- Have strong interpersonal skills, able to build strong and trusting relationships
- Track record of effective and inclusive Sales leadership
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise Gemserv's profile
- Experience of coaching and developing colleagues to recognise and optimise growth opportunities
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’
§ New business lead generation and sales in the Energy sector to achieve revenue targets
§ Contribute to the development of the Energy strategy, working with internal stakeholders to develop service propositions
§ Understanding market conditions and prioritising activities to maximise sales and grow future sales pipeline
§ Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our services and ways we deliver them to generate value propositions for use in consultative selling,
§ Helping to grow awareness of our brand through a network of contacts across the Energy sector complementary to our service offerings
§ Growth of new clients won through upselling and cross-selling
§ Development and successful execution of campaigns/events targeted at key clients sectors of the industry, working closely with colleagues in Consultancy and Marketing
§ Identifying and tracking potential bids and tenders using our sales platform
§ Writing proposals and bid responses
§ Negotiating on and closing sales