Release Manager - Retail Energy Code
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Release Manager to join our REC team.
The Retail Energy Code (REC) is at the heart of the regulation of the GB energy market, setting the standards for new and improved ways of working. Covering the complete breadth of the market, it is introducing a new model of cooperation and best practice for Code Management and delivering a new digital, modern, and accessible, consumer-centric code.
One of the key step-changes will be the operation of the change process. Rather than responding reactively to industry driven change, and utilising industry working groups to develop solutions to identified issues, the REC Change Management Team shall be responsible for the detailed analysis, solution design and requirement specification for all Change Proposals. The responsibility for the development and implementation of solutions sits with the Code Manager, and not through the use of industry working groups.
The Change Management Team shall be empowered and responsible for delivering a strategic programme of change to the industry, proactively raising Change Proposals to address known issues and opportunities and prioritising the change agenda to deliver an innovative, transparent and effective change process that focuses on consumer outcomes.
The Release Manager is responsible for Release Management of Change Proposals that have been approved for implementation. They will ensure that all REC releases are planned and delivered efficiently and effectively, co-ordinating with all relevant service providers and stakeholders. This will include updates to REC documents and products, digitisation and digitalisation requirements, testing, training requirements, updates to guidance and communication/engagement planning
• Develop an understanding of the Retail Energy Code, its products and the end-to-end impacts of these on industry stakeholders and consumers.
• Produce and maintain a REC Release Schedule and ensure this remains up-to-date on the REC Portal.
• Produce Release Plans for each REC Release and Change Proposal detailing all activities, milestones and resources required to ensure a smooth and successful release.
• Develop a Communications Plan for each REC Release, co-ordinating with the Operational Account Management team and Party Management team.
• Work with the Party Management team to create or update relevant knowledge articles, user guidance, training content and REC Portal content required for each REC Release.
• Work with the Operational Account Management team to ensure REC parties have the required awareness and understanding of REC Releases to successfully implement changes to their business.
• Co-ordinate with other Code Manager Service Providers, ensuring updates to the REC and REC Products are co-ordinated and implemented in accordance with the Release Plan.
• Co-ordinate user testing requirements where required as part of the Release Plan.
• Ensure all updates to the REC are reflected in CodeWorks, our RegTech digitalisation solution, in a fully digitised format aligned with the Energy Market Architecture Repository (EMAR) and REC Digitalisation Strategy.
• Ensure all REC Products have been subject to appropriate quality review and sign off prior to release.
• Produce regular reporting on the progress and performance of REC Releases, including RAG status and detailed RAID logs for each release.
• Deliver against required performance levels and Key Performance Indicators.
• Develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with REC Code Manager Service Providers and REC Service Providers.
• Extensive demonstrable experience in a relevant project management or release management role.
• Experience in managing complex change programmes impacting a wide range of stakeholders.
• Leadership skills, leading effectively to motivate and inspire the team to achieve a vision and deliver excellent service.
• Organisation and time management skills, with the ability to co-ordinate and deliver multiple projects and manage conflicting milestones and deadlines.
• Risk management, identifying and managing risks and issues to ensure successful delivery.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and articulate complex issues to all levels of seniority and to technical and non-technical audiences.
• A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
• Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers, putting consumer outcomes at the heart of what you do.
• Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
• Relevant Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, APMG)
• Understanding of the GB energy retail market and regulatory framework
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.