Public Sector Principal Consultant
We are looking for a Principal Consultant in our growing Public Sector practice. Gemserv has a range of public sector clients and we want to build on this success, expanding the team and growing our reputation across a wider part of the public sector. This is a high profile role in an important area of Gemserv. It offers the successful candidate the opportunity to make a real difference in the way the public sector delivers services.
You will join an innovative and purpose driven organisation focussed on tackling today’s social and environmental challenges, working alongside highly motivated and diverse colleagues. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of operating in the public sector, preferably with strong relationships, commercial skills, an appreciation of public procurement and a track record in delivering transformative programmes. If this is you we’d love to receive your application.
Principal Consultant in our growing Public Sector Practice looking to make a difference and shape our business.
- Working with our business development team to identify and position public sector opportunities;
- Expand Gemserv's networks, influence and position within the public sector;
- Represent the company, speak at and chair high-profile events;
- Work with Gemserv’s management team to expand our existing programme services in the public sector, in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Programme design and programme delivery of central government projects
- Team mobilisation for public sector contracts
- Extensive experience in designing, leading and/or implementing Public sector change or management programmes in UK public sector;
- Experience of large-scale transformation programmes;
- Strong professional network across central UK or local governments at a policy-making level;
- Business development skills and willingness to cross-sell and upsell;
- Deep understanding of public sector management consulting buying environment;
- Strong organisation and communication skills;
- Ideal candidate will have a background in or working at a senior level with one or more government departments, such as, Cabinet Office, BEIS, DEFRA, DfT, or Wales and/or Scotland office; and
- Working in a professional services/consulting environment is highly desirable.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, health, Cyber & Digital and the public sector to tackle today's social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities with the purpose of Making things that matter work better for everyone.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter, including evidence of how you meet the requirements of the role, to us by clicking ‘Apply now’
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, health, cyber & digital and the public sector to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities with the purpose of Making things that matter work better for everyone.