Public Sector Consultant
We are looking for a Consultant in our growing Public Sector practice. Gemserv has a range of public sector clients and we want to build on this success, expanding the team and growing our reputation across a wider part of the public sector. This is a key role in Gemserv’s growth and delivery. It offers the successful candidate the opportunity to make a real difference in the way the public sector delivers services.
You will join an innovative and purpose driven organisation focussed on tackling today’s social and environmental challenges, working alongside highly motivated and diverse colleagues. The successful candidate will have experience of operating in the public sector, preferably with strong relationships, commercial skills and a track record in delivering transformative programmes. If this is you we’d love to receive your application.
We are currently looking to recruit a Consultant to work within our growing Public Sector practice. The Practice works across the UK Public Sector supporting transformative change programmes.
This roles involves management of senior client stakeholders, supporting programme management and change management projects. Experience working with senior stakeholders is critical as well as practical experience working on projects, presentations and documentation within government, law or consultancy.
The successful candidate will be expected to know and apply stakeholder management methodologies and best practice to both client delivery and prospective clients – there is scope to support business development to build and manage client relationships. Candidates wishing to apply should have a strong core set of consulting skills and expertise from working with the public sector and ideally some experience in project management. In addition, the successful candidates will be commercially aware, proactive and responsive.
- Coordinating the delivery of consultancy and project assignments to client expectations;
- Providing expertise of best practice public sector delivery and stakeholder management methodologies and practical experience into delivery for clients;
- Supporting Gemserv's Business Development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities and compiling tender responses;
- Networking and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the public sector to strengthen Gemserv's position as a trusted partner;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts;
- Operating and delivering within budget and timescales parameter; and
- Expanding Gemserv's networks, influence and position within the public sector.
The ideal candidate will have strong and demonstrable knowledge of the nature of the UK Public sector, with experience from central government preferred.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Experience managing senior stakeholders with evidence of designing and delivering engagement;
- Previous consulting experience with a demonstrable track record in project delivery;
- Previous experience of creating high-quality reports and presentations;
- Project management experience, particularly within law, consultancy or government;
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Experience in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders; and
- Experience of networking with relevant stakeholders and potential clients.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Work from anywhere policy
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter, including evidence of how you meet the requirements of the role, to us by clicking ‘Apply now’.
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, health, cyber & digital and the public sector to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities with the purpose of Making things that matter work better for everyone.