Project Manager - Low Carbon
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for high calibre and experienced Project Managers to join the Low Carbon Business Unit.
The Low Carbon Business Unit (LCBU) within Gemserv is a highly focused consultancy specialising in strategy, regulation, policy and politics affecting the sustainable energy sector in the UK and in the EU. We specialise in helping our clients to achieve tangible and meaningful changes in regulation and policy that will make a real difference to the uptake of sustainable energy. We use our strategic insight gained from this experience to translate complex regulatory frameworks, technological developments and market trends into clear actionable advice for business and organisational leadership teams.
Gemserv delivers high profile Government Programmes and Schemes, including the Heat Network Efficiency Scheme (HNES) Demonstrator, Green Heat Network Fund (GHNF)and the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body (GDORB) and is at the heart of the debate around heat decarbonisation. We also have a growing portfolio of strategy, innovation and demonstration programmes and projects in the hydrogen, flexibility and energy efficiency space.
The successful candidate will lead on the delivery of these projects and support the future pipeline of new opportunities that have major impact on the energy transition. If you can project manage and have relevant sector experience, we really want to hear from you!
As a Project Manager, the successful candidate will be leading the delivery of complex programmes and projects. The role will provide an opportunity to shape the direction of our growing project management capabilities in the heat, energy efficiency and retrofit space, working in a fast-paced and nationally significant area of the energy system, and ultimately helping achieve action on climate change.
Reporting to the Head of Low Carbon, the successful candidate(s) will be required to:
- Govern the successful delivery of complex technical projects, work packages and smaller consultancy projects on time and within budget.
- Lead the development and delivery of the Project Execution Plan (PEP), design documentation, progress reports, presentations, and broader PM documentation for the Gemserv business and external clients.
- Manage the timely completion of stage gate deliverables and set performance expectations, from development of PIDs through to Exit Management.
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive RAID process for all clients.
- Identify and manage cost, scheduling, risk implications between work packages and provide progress updates as required.
- Identify enhanced value and optimisation opportunities.
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with across a wide range of stakeholders in support of project opportunities.
We are looking for high calibre and experienced Project Manager, with a dynamic and self-starting acumen, who is looking to enrich their career aspirations in the energy sector.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Demonstrable proficiency in delivering complex projects, with a sound understanding of project management processes, including risk management and management of change.
- Experience in delivering large programmes and projects for Government and / or for Private Sector clients.
- Prior experience in managing projects in the heat, energy efficiency, sustainability, energy flexibility or related sectors.
- Proven capability to influence multiple stakeholders in reaching aligned decisions in a timely manner, with the ability to recognise and manage potential conflicts.
- Proven ability to interact, communication and lead in the delivery of programme and projects for clients
- Proven performance management of suppliers and contractors.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Organised, analytical and detail driven with strong computer literacy.
- Degree qualified in a climate change related discipline.
- Experienced in working with IT service providers in the development of digital solutions to support the delivery of large scale complex programmes, e.g. websites, portals, use of platforms etc
- Recognised qualifications in Project and Programme Management (e.g. APM/PMP).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’