Product Owner - Retail Energy Code (FTC)
The Retail Energy Code (REC) sets out requirements underpinning the retail energy market arrangements in Great Britain, including those which enable consumers to effectively switch Energy Supplier. Gemserv provides wide-ranging services for the REC in its role as Code Manager.
The REC Portal is an accessible, digital platform which facilitates two-way communication between various stakeholder groups. As REC Portal user requirements change, effective Agile processes enable high-impact, high-value features to be prioritised, developed, and implemented by the Code Manager. The REC Portal Product Owner plays a critical role in ensuring that user requirements and business objectives are understood and driving the successful delivery of the overall solution.
Offering a Fixed term Contract for 12 months.
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for:
- Sets the vision, objectives, and success criteria for the REC Portal.
- Aligns all internal and external stakeholders around the REC Portal vision.
- Has a thorough understanding of user needs with respect to the REC Portal.
- Identifies opportunities for change which will provide significant value to users.
- Facilitates a process to allow stakeholders to directly propose future changes.
- Prioritises changes to REC Portal features to meet user needs and maximise value.
- Forms clear business cases to ensure that costs of change can be justified and signed off.
- Defines and delivers a REC Portal roadmap, including a clear plan for future feature releases.
- Owns operational relationship with third-party developers, ensuring business needs are met.
- Analyses user data to inform reporting and impact assessments for potential change.
- Controls REC Portal user permissions, including authorisation and revocation of rights.
- Provide helpdesk support for queries relating to REC Portal features.
- Creates and maintains process documentation with respect to the REC Portal.
- Support stakeholder training with respect to REC Portal features.
- Promotes the principles of Agile product development.
- Effective people management, working to develop and coach direct report(s).
The successful candidate will have the following experience :
- A Product Owner within successful, Agile project teams
- Prioritised evolving user requirements with respect to digital platforms
- Experience managing third party software developers to achieve business objectives
- Experience using Jira (or equivalent) to effectively manage project issues and stories
- Experience of the Liferay Digital Experience Platform (Liferay DXP) would be beneficial
- A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and articulate complex issues to all levels of seniority and to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be ambitious, creative, and innovative; learn lessons from their work, share expertise and continuously learn.
- A problem solver who has experience identifying issues, recommending options to resolve, and taking forward solutions through to successful implementation.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers.
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’