Product Lead (Electrical Vehicles Charging Infrastructure)
Gemserv are working with an exciting and ambitious start-up business in the electric vehicle charge point market to recruit a number of new positions, the business has significant backing. The customers of this business are well-known Charge Point Operators and the business spends much of its time working with Local Authorities (at County, Borough and Unitary levels) to help accelerate their deployment plans for EV charging infrastructure to meet their resident’s needs.
The business believes that it can help revolutionise the on-street EV charging marketplace, combining the provision of power and data together as a cost-effective solution in urban environments. You’d be joining this exciting journey, as the business has just celebrated its first anniversary! As a start-up you’ll need to be able to deal with ambiguity, a dynamic environment (as the EV charging value chain is constantly changing) and a fast pace where there is a real focus on results, achieved as a team.
As the team is still forming, your ability to roll your sleeves up and dive in to help others outside of your main responsibilities will be welcomed. Having experience of the EV ecosystem and the EV charging market in particular is highly advantageous.
The business is building a culture that attracts and retains the best talent, who are passionate about making a difference to the climate. The business can enable the increasing uptake of EV’s by ensuring the correct infrastructure exists for everyone to be able to charge; reliably, conveniently, and affordably.
Whilst the business is a scale-up with c.15 employees, it is able to draw on the resources and support of both its parent company and an investment fund to deliver on its promise. With this support in place, the business already has a virtual team of over 40 people engaged to help deliver our business plans.
The role reports to the CEO and in this position you will be responsible for the delivery (from scratch) of their EV Charging network for consumers and will understand the importance of the brand and the overall customer journey.
You will be responsible for the overall success of this new business line, working with your team and across the business and with key vendors to enable us to exceed our ambitions. This will include defining promotions and being accountable for costs, revenue and sales forecasts for the new business line
- Own this new product line and be accountable for it success
- Define how we should grow the business based on the customers we have and the utilisation and feedback we get on the network
- Refine all elements on the customer journey and look to continuously improve them.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the internal teams and ensure a collaborative approach is utilised, including the sharing of lessons learned.
- Responsible for defining consumer promotions and assessing impact on financial metrics, including utilisation and tariffs
- Work with finance to supply the data they need to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Manage the Brand and its interaction with all customers (Drivers + Local Authorities) ensuring that social media interactions are dealt with.
- Establish strategies for product pricing and positioning
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Be degree qualified (B.A) with five+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous roles within EV chargepoint companies are essential with knowledge of energy & technology sectors such as renewable, telecoms and finance solutions being helpful.
- 3+ years defining and delivering complete end-to-end customer propositions.
- Product development experience, preferably in a service or customer focused industry,
- Customer Satisfaction experience in areas such as sales & satisfaction, from either mobile telecoms or utilities sectors
- Experienced at solving problems that sit on the boundary between “Product” and “Process”
- High degree of empathy with customers to facilitate journey & experience.
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Exhibits resilience, patience and understanding.
- Experience with SaaS / Cloud API products.
- Proven ability to manage external vendors ideally in a consumer facing world
- Understanding of UK electric mobility market and role of on-street charging
- Excellent stakeholder & relationship management skills
- Ability to balance commercial and customer objectives.
- Care deeply about customer experience
- Financially literate, can support the finance team in building reports
- A competitive base salary is on offer (up to £70,000 per annum, depending on relevant experience),
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holiday,
- Pension contributions,
- Electric Vehicles salary sacrifice scheme,
- Bonus plan worth up to 10% of your base salary,
- ...and numerous benefits.
The business is currently based in London (Zone 2) (but they are likely to move in 2021), and as with every other business today, much is being done from home. Whilst they expect that in the medium term, they’ll be able to get back in to the office, the view is that some level of remote working will remain in place for the long-term. They expect that most of the team will be back in the office 2-3 days a week and this role would be no different.