Procurement and Contract Management Administrator
Are you a great communicator? Are the details important to you? Do you want a healthy work/life balance and to join a company with an active social scene? Are you looking to build a career?
Gemserv are currently looking to recruit a Procurement and Contract Management Administrator to work in our London office.
Although the role is focussed on administration, it also offers the potential to learn hands-on about the broader energy sector with fantastic networking opportunities for those keen to develop a career.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to establish yourself in one of the most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for recent graduates or those that have already gained some experience within a regulated industry looking to take the next step.
You will be responsible for working with key internal stakeholders to deliver ongoing procurement, contract management support and administrative activities to external clients. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement activities which Gemserv are leading on are carried out in an efficient and effective manner. They will support the Procurement Team in the provision of procurement and contract management services, in line with good practice, whilst ensuring the client’s procured services delivers value.
You will be responsible for providing support to the Procurement Team to ensure that all activities are on plan and will have an important role in the administration of supplier management, while supporting the development and running of mini-competitions against the framework agreements. The role is in a small but dedicated team, as such you must be flexible and adaptable to the tasks that you are requested to support and have the skills to work closely and collaboratively with the other team members.You will be integral to ensuring that procurement processes are followed and that a full audit trail is available, the role is a 60/40 split between administrative tasks and involvement with wider procurement / contract management activities.
- First line support on the Procurement and Contract Management Inbox, identifying, answering and/or redirecting emails as appropriate while ensuring that they are dealt with and filed away as appropriate
- Scheduling meetings, booking meeting rooms, drafting and circulating agendas to external meeting participants
- Chasing clients to ensure that actions taken in the meetings are followed up on in a timely manner
- Attending vendor meetings, taking notes and preparing meeting minutes and summary of actions
- Supporting on the necessary processes and procedures to manage the competitive mini-competition from large framework agreements in a structured and controlled manner according to good practice
- Creating and maintaining audit trails for procurements and contract management and ensuring that any sourcing is carried out in accordance within defined obligations
- Ensure that risks are understood and captured and working with the wider team to ensure that they are mitigated to an agreed level;
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in an ethical and controlled manner in line with policies and procedures.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and numeracy
- Practical experience using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational abilities, with a focus on attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels and to be a team player
- Confidence and enthusiasm to present to stakeholders and other employees
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
Find out more about what it is like to work at Gemserv: (Link to corporate video or employee videos)
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’