Principal Consultant - Energy Practice
Are you looking to make a positive impact on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across our sector, in both the UK and abroad? Are you capable of shaping the energy markets of the future, and helping our clients thrive within the ever-evolving market arrangements?
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Energy Consulting Practice, which will provide you with significant opportunities to engage with projects at the cutting edge of our industry, all within a dynamic and inclusive Company.
Gemserv is ambitious and growing. We’re winning new business and extending our role within our existing accounts. We are looking to strengthen our Energy Consultancy Practice with the skills, experience and motivation to drive forward towards Net Zero.
As a Principal Consultant in Energy, you will provide, expertise and high-quality delivery across an exciting breadth of consultancy assignments. Through building and managing client and stakeholder relationships you will identify opportunities to provide solutions to our client’s challenges. You will also be able to share your thoughts and ideas in white papers, articles and blogs, working alongside our marketing team to deliver our messages effectively.
You must have UK Energy industry, or directly relevant, consulting experience, self-starting management skills and experience in managing complex projects with an Energy focus. If you are passionate about Energy transition and have a good understanding of one or more of the following areas, then we would love to hear from you:
- Energy governance frameworks
- market policy & regulation
- the technical landscape
- the diverse objectives of Net Zero.
This is a diverse and exciting role, in which you will apply your expertise to diagnose clients’ problems, deliver workable and practical solutions, and develop opportunities as we look to shape the market to meet the challenge of the Energy transition.
Diagnosis – Understanding and developing solutions to our clients’ problems.
- Applying knowledge - Applying UK Energy (electricity and/or gas) industry knowledge around smart metering, code governance, market design and Energy Supplier management to a range of assignments
- Understanding current issues - Providing market assurance and compliance services
Delivery – Delivering practical and workable solutions.
- Leading delivery - Leading multiple projects or workstreams for a variety of Energy projects.
- Managing resources - Operating and delivering within budget and timescale parameters, applying dependable consulting and project management methodologies.
Development – Helping clients navigate the energy transition.
- Positioning – Through analysing and interpreting information, provide thought leadership and consultation responses that position Gemserv or its clients at the centre of the drive towards Net zero, demand flexibility and future markets.
- Networking - Networking and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the Energy industry and associated sectors - strengthening your own position as a reliable and well-informed expert.
- Tendering - Contributing confidently towards Gemserv's business development activities e.g. through drafting tender responses, engaging stakeholders and developing additional services.
Experience and Knowledge
Energy Sector Experience
Sound knowledge of the Energy sector which can include one or more of the following.
- Markets - market structures, policy, regulations and arrangements.
- Metering - smart metering, preferably with a level of technical understanding.
- Regulation - applying relevant regulations, codes and standards to compliance, assurance and/or audit activities; and
- Net zero - energy industry developments towards Net Zero, particularly in relation to Flexible markets, new fuel sources and their applications, and low carbon technologies.
With a passion to develop Gemserv’s capability in this area.
- Consulting delivery - demonstrable track record in delivering consulting projects or an aptitude and a passion to learn and to develop your skills in this area.
- Consulting development - experience building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Qualities
- Organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail in client facing, high-pressure environments with commercially driven deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a willingness to use a broad range of tools to engage stakeholders (including relevant Social Media channels, e.g., LinkedIn).
- Experienced at delivering on time without detriment to quality and working relationships.
- Ability to manage expectations amongst stakeholders in senior management positions (internal and external) ensuring risks and challenges are addressed at an early stage.
- Ability to analyse opportunities, risks & issues, through having a commercial awareness, including proposing & qualifying business opportunities, identifying, and managing risks to project delivery and appreciating the value of high-quality delivery.
- Ability to flex and adapt quickly to reprioritise work in the face of changing demands
- Focused on continuous improvement, in terms of both personal development and Professional outputs.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Track record of effective and inclusive leadership
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise Gemserv’s profile
- Experience of planning and managing financial implications of strategic and operational team decisions
- Experience of coaching and developing colleagues
- Ability to play an active role in helping to achieve Gemserv’s values and goals
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’