Principal Consultant - Cyber
Gemserv is recruiting for an exceptional individual to work in the Cyber and Data Protection business unit as a Principal Consultant. You will support our clients and stakeholders across a wide range of market sectors allowing them to secure their organisations and help them develop effective cyber strategies. As a Principal Consultant you will work with a team of experts who will support the development and management of consultant led solutions on behalf of Gemserv’s clients. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to be part of a team, that is central to ensuring that Gemserv can deliver and manage the right cyber solutions to clients in a fast-changing environment.
- Deliver and maintain personal and team utilisation targets.
- Deliver client engagements to a high quality, producing accreditation evidence, security policies, security operating procedures, risk, and maturity assessments.
- Develop and maintain strategic client relationships, understanding the client needs and developing proposals to deliver positive outcomes.
- Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to analyse the effectiveness of current security controls and work with stakeholders to propose and develop enhanced solutions.
- Review client architecture to identify risks and provide advice and assurance to alternative solutions or suggest counter measures to mitigate identified risks.
- Provide assurance of client security architecture and solutions.
- Support the leadership and business development team by identifying and developing new client relationships, whilst also assisting to manage and expand existing client relationships.
- Work with the leadership and business development team to respond to tenders and provide pre-sales support.
- Provide support to the team leadership, deputising where appropriate and necessary.
- Provide encouragement, leadership in a mentoring capacity to other consultants and team members, to enable their development and progression.
- Conduct Quality Assurance of other consultants' deliverables prior to dissemination to the client.
- Represent Gemserv at events.
Successful candidates will need to have:
- The ability to generate new business leads and/or sales through own networks, new relationships and thought leadership.
- Experience leading on the development of thought leadership, including writing articles, chairing round tables, and speaking at events.
- UK National Vetting DV or minimum SC.
- Knowledge of UK Government Accreditation requirements including the design and delivery of RMADS.
- Knowledge of UK and international security regulations and standards and their implementation including ISO, NIS, NIST, SOC 1&2, Smart Energy Code and SABSA.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
- Experience leading projects and technical teams is essential.
- Expert knowledge of security architecture both on-prem and cloud.
Candidates should also possess/be a member of some, or a combination of the following:
- CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (ex CLAS)
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) (SIRA) – Senior Practitioner
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) (ISSM) – Senior Practitioner
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Lead Auditor
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Lead Implementor
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’