Portal Manager - Retail Energy Code
The Retail Energy Code (REC) is at the heart of the regulation of the GB energy market, setting the standards for new and improved ways of working. Covering the complete breadth of the market, it is introducing a new model of cooperation and best practice for code management and delivering a new digital, modern, and accessible, consumer-centric code.
As part of the new arrangements, we are designing and implementing the digital REC Portal – the hub of all REC related information, documentation, communications, workstreams, committees and training.
All these activities and engagement will be in line with the over-arching Digitalisation Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy. You will be part of the team determining how to put the processes and tools in place to enable this step change. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic to join Portal Manager – Retail Energy Code our REC team.
You will be responsible for operation management of the new REC Portal. You will define and deliver against a roadmap for the development of the REC Portal, define strategy for innovation on the Portal and design REC Portal content that informs and excites REC stakeholders.
- Operational management of the digital REC Portal.
- Ownership of the ‘User Experience’ on the REC Portal, including delivery of a strategy to engage REC Portal users in the design, test and implementation of new features and functionality.
- Design and creation of exciting and engaging digital content to support stakeholder engagement activities.
- Control and moderation of REC Portal content, ensuring all content hosted on the REC Portal adheres to both quality and security standards.
- Design and management of the REC Portal innovation roadmap, identifying opportunities for change which delivers benefits to REC Portal users.
- Identification and integration of new technologies which can support the activities carried out on the REC Portal.
- Control of REC Portal user access authorisation and revocation processes.
- Accountability for accuracy of REC Parties register on the REC Portal.
- Deliver recommendations for REC Portal change through interpretation of user analytics, feeding into continuous improvement strategy.
- Provide second-line helpdesk support for queries relating to REC Portal content and functionality.
- Creation and ownership of process documentation with respect to the REC Portal.
- Training of internal staff with respect to use of the REC Portal.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Experience in creating exciting and innovative digital content.
- Demonstrable ability to work with digital processes and systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working across multiple and possibly contradictory objectives to drive effective solutions.
- Experience of working collaboratively across a diverse team to deliver exceptional service.
- Experience of working in the utilities industry – specifically the energy retail market – is desired but not essential.
- A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and articulate complex issues to all levels of seniority and to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be ambitious, creative, and innovative; learn lessons from their work, share expertise and continuously learn.
- A problem solver who has experience identifying issues, recommending options to resolve, and taking forward solutions through to successful implementation.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers.
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Work from anywhere policy
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’