Policy Advisor - Hydrogen UK
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Policy Advisor to join our Hydrogen team.
Are you interested in the development of the hydrogen economy? Do you want to take a key role shaping the future of hydrogen in the UK?
Hydrogen UK is the largest hydrogen industry trade body operating in the UK and is at the heart of the debate on the role of hydrogen in the energy transition. Formerly the Hydrogen Taskforce, Hydrogen UK has been instrumental in the development of the strategies and policy frameworks that will enable hydrogen to scale over the next decade.
We are looking to recruit a new Policy Advisor. The role sits within a small dynamic and impactful team and reports to the Head of Policy and Analysis at Hydrogen UK. The successful applicant will be instrumental in working with our Membership to shape hydrogen policy by providing objective, evidence-based policy positions which influence how we think about hydrogen in the UK.
- Monitoring for relevant updates in policy and regulation
- Providing Hydrogen UK members with information and advice
- Building strong relationships with key decision makers across industry, local and national government
- Liaising with policy makers to develop trusted relationships, inform policy development and create favourable changes
- Preparing and submitting responses to Government and Industry consultations in collaboration with members.
- Writing reports on areas of thought leadership
- Leading working groups with industry members
- Presenting at industry events and conferences
- Leading projects on behalf of Hydrogen UK
Knowledge and skills:
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge in hydrogen solutions and technologies and the role of hydrogen in the energy transition
- Knowledge of government processes and public affairs
- Ability to develop objective and evidence-based positions on policy
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and be confident at liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including parliamentarians, civil servants and industry leaders
- Be able to translate complex technical and policy issues into easy to understand information
- Ability to build up a high profile in a short period of time
- Share a passion for improving the built environment, addressing climate change, protecting the environment and transitioning to a low carbon future
- Highly self-motivated and flexible
- A team player committed to working collaboratively
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’