Operations Analyst - Smart Energy
Are you looking for a role which allows you to develop your stakeholder management, organisational and analytical skills whilst building your technical knowledge in the Smart Energy sector? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ an Operations Analyst within our Smart Energy Code team.
Smart Metering is the next generation of gas and electricity meters and they are being installed in every home across the country. As part of Critical National Infrastructure, security of smart meters needs to be delivered and maintained to the highest levels.
As the Operations Analyst for the Smart Meter Security and Privacy team, you will be working on one of our Major Accounts in a dedicated team whose responsibility is to assure the security of smart meter devices, as defined in the Smart Energy Code (SEC) – the rulebook for smart meters.
The primary focus of the role is to engage with customers and assist them by co-ordinating, tracking, and managing their security assessments. On a day-to-day basis, this will involve managing third party service providers who deliver Security Assessments on our behalf, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to quality. You will also liaise with our Information Security professionals who deliver general security support and risk assessments for our clients.
A further aspect will be to ensure that we deliver exceptional service to our clients and effectively support the Security Sub-Committee and related Sub-Committee meetings. This will involve inputting into papers and taking ownership for the resulting actions. You will therefore need to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management, organisational and communication skills.
- Managing and tracking multiple security and privacy assessments for SEC Parties ensuring clear and timely communication with customers;
- Liaising with service providers who undertake the assessments, ensuring activities are delivered on time;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy and consistency;
- Liaising with the internal consultancy team who deliver Information Security support to our clients;
- Answering email enquiries from customers and service providers;
- Supporting the Security sub-committees and their Independent Chair with papers, and reports, and reviewing meeting minutes for accuracy;
- Supporting the adoption of new processes and systems as we digitalise our services;
- Ensuring that we deliver our SEC obligations whilst providing exceptional service to our clients;
- Processing CPL submissions, and resolving any related customer queries;
- Maintaining procedural documentation and work instruction manuals, and updating them as new requirements arise from SEC modifications and industry requests.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Ability to manage third parties to SLA’s and quality standards;
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high focus on quality of work;
- Strong task management and co-ordination skills, able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible to changing priorities;
- Ability to manage and improve processes;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and numeracy skills, able to communicate complex information;
- Strong client engagement and stakeholder management capabilities, and passionate about delivering an exceptional service;
- A team player, willing to support the wider team;
- Energy Industry experience (desirable);
- Experience of industry codes and governance (desirable);
- An understanding of security requirements contained in the SEC (desirable);
- Degree educated or equivalent professional experience.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’