Managing Consultant - Healthcare
Are you looking to make an impact on some of the most dynamic and challenging projects taking place in the health and care sector today? Do you want to work in an environment where you have the opportunity to help solve the very real challenges of healthcare in a post pandemic world? Where you have the opportunity to shape the strategy and delivery of service and in doing so have a direct impact on our clients.
Building on the success of the last 2 years we have ambitious plans to grow our healthcare business unit. Our objective is to become recognised as the provider of choice by the NHS for service and digital transformation. To achieve this, we are seeking to hire an additional Principal Consultant to lead project delivery who can work with us to help our ongoing success and enable us to drive the business to the next level.
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role in existing ones expand. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking to strengthen our Health team by appointing an experienced Managing Consultant to lead our healthcare consulting practice.
- Development of the Health and Care Consulting strategy.
- Lead outstanding consultancy services across our health and care clients
- Lead project engagements for Gemserv ensuring the overall standard of our delivery
- Advise clients on service optimisation, re-design and development
- Lead clients through the process of transformational change of service provision
- Lead clients through the process of adoption of new technologies to transform current service provision.
- Lead clients in the structured analysis of the efficiency and effectiveness of current services and identify opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Health and the Director of Business Development to secure new engagements for the business unit
- Promote Gemserv Health through the publishing of thought leadership content and speaking at appropriate industry events.
- Work closely with the Gemserv Marketing team to develop compelling service offering content and support the brand development of Gemserv Health through active social media engagement
For this role we a looking for candidates with a broad base of experience across multiple healthcare provider organisations. You must have the following skills of experience:
- Proven experience of leading and growing healthcare consultancy businesses
- Proven experience of leading consulting engagements within health and social care environment
- Proven experience of delivering service change in the NHS
- Proven experience of delivering Digital Transformation with the NHS
- Detailed experience of structured change management methodologies to support service change or digitally enabled service change
- Demonstrable experience of presenting complex issues to multiple stakeholders to ensure buy-in
- Broad technology understanding including both current and NHS legacy IT solutions.
- Familiarity with NHS Information Governance requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of successful teamwork
Key Skills and Qualities Requirements
- An outstanding consultant – a trusted advisor
- Be entrepreneurial
- Be an independent thinker
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Have excellent listening and influencing skills
- Be strong communicators and team players
- Have a strong belief in the power of business to do good for people and planet
- Provide a high level of commitment and energy
- Able/willing to travel to London
- Able to travel to client site for project delivery (in person subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’