Low Carbon Project Assistant (Kickstart Scheme: Birmingham)
Gemserv are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Low Carbon Team.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to support the team by assisting:
- client meeting management (scheduling and attending meetings, and co-ordinating post-meeting activities/actions);
- drafting and preparing materials/documents for clients,
- answering helpdesk calls and emails;
- supporting the organisation of client events (e.g.training seminars)
- compiling information to support the creation and maintenance of reports
- Support the maintenance of websites
- Reviewing documents to ensure they are of the highest quality
The role will be a mix of home and office working, (based on any Government restrictions at the time) and a suitable work plan can be discussed and agreed with your Line Manager on your start date.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest or passion in renewable and sustainable energy.
An ideal candidate preferably should have
- Confidence and a positive 'can do' mentality to delivering Exceptional Customer Service.
- Good communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, although training will be given
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines;
- A willingness to support other members of the team during busy periods and be a team player
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
Jobs from the Kickstart Scheme are open to 16-24 year olds, who are claiming Universal Credit.
Talk to your work coach if you are interested in a vacancy and to gain your Introduction ID that you will need in order to apply.
Once you have your Introduction ID, please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’