Key Accounts Intern
Are you a great communicator? Are the details important to you? Do you want a healthy work/life balance and to join a company with an active social scene? Are you looking to build a career?
Gemserv are currently looking to recruit a Key Accounts Intern to work in our London office.
Although the role is focussed on administration, it also offers the potential to learn hands-on about the broader energy sector with fantastic networking opportunities for those keen to develop a career.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to establish yourself in one of the most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for recent graduates or those that have already gained some experience within a regulated industry looking to take the next step.
Gemserv is experiencing a significant period of growth and a successful Intern will be expected to support the Key Accounts Team in delivering renewable energy and (smart) metering contracts through helpdesk functions, stakeholder management and administrative tasks. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual, who wants to further their knowledge of renewable and sustainable energies field in a practical environment with an opportunity to gain insight into scheme administration and governance.
The work the Intern could be expected to take part in may include:
- First line support on client and customer telephone helpdesks, identifying frequently asked questions and responding or redirecting as appropriate.
- Delivering contract activities within agreed Service Levels.
- Monitoring and managing mailboxes, responding or redirecting appropriately, and reporting on activity as required.
- Providing administrative support, including but not exclusive to: scheduling meetings; drafting documents; co-ordinating post-meeting activities and actions; maintaining client websites; and supporting the organisation of client events (e.g. training seminars).
- Liaison with both internal and external stakeholders, including technical service providers and system users.
- Quality assurance activities, ensuring documents are of the highest quality.
- Providing expert analysis with the ability to capture and communicate complex issues and solutions clearly to a range of stakeholders.
- Understanding and supporting process changes.
- Adhoc consultation projects to support the delivery manager, while gaining a wider understanding of the industry.
Skills and Qualities
The ideal individual will preferably have some previous experience of working in an office environment, answering phone calls and supporting a team. At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, renewable energy or the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
Successful individuals will ideally have:
- Proven experience in communication skills, including written, verbal and numeracy;
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service both in person and remotely;
- Practical experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organisational skills, with a focus on attention to detail and quality;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines;
- Being a team player, with a demonstratable willingness to support other members of the team during pressure periods and displaying interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels;
- Experience in data handling is not essential, however, would be advantageous;
- Be adaptable and able to quickly develop an understanding of complex issues; and
- Be confident, have a positive ‘can do’ mentality, and be willing to go the extra mile to deliver Exceptional Customer Service.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
Find out more about what it is like to work at Gemserv: https://www.gemserv.com/about-us/who-we-are/