Junior Privacy Analyst/Coordinator
Are you interested in building a career in privacy? Do you want to work with experienced and talented privacy professionals and a close-knit team? Do you want to benefit from a healthy work/life balance and join a company which promotes flexible working?
Gemserv are currently looking to recruit a Junior Privacy Analyst/Coordinator asap.
This role offers the potential to gain hands-on experience and knowledge in the energy sector primarily, by giving you the opportunity to work on one of our key major accounts and prestigious clients in the industry. This role will work closely with the internal business team supporting our client and the PMO team and will be a key liaison. You will be expected to take on ad-hoc work on other client accounts and this will give you the opportunity to shadow and assist our consultants on their challenging client engagements.
Working at Gemserv will be a great opportunity for you to establish yourself in the privacy space and develop your career in energy and other dynamic sectors. For this role we are looking for candidates who have already gained at least some months of experience within a regulated industry and are looking to take the next step in their career.
- You will drive the data protection and information security annual audit program for one of our major clients in the Energy sector by working in collaboration with other moving parts of the business. This will essentially include drafting and presenting monthly updates on the audit programme to the Security Committee of our client, coordinating audit activities falling within your remit and scope, consolidating final audit findings and reporting.
- You will manage the online platform and tool used for the annual audit program and analyse and extract audit findings submitted.
- You will hold workshops, where required, with internal departments to help the audit program progress smoothly.
- You will also as a researcher and undertake research on interesting topics such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, financial technologies, etc. on behalf of the team to support them in their endeavour to develop new services and you will assist in keeping the team up-to-date on the latest developments and guidelines issued by the supervisory authorities.
- On an ad hoc basis, you may be required to assist the team with their client engagements (for example, helping in drafting privacy policies, conducting DPIAs, etc.)
Skills', knowledge and experience requirement:
- A degree holder in a relevant field
- At least 6 months of working experience in the privacy area or a relevant regulated market
- A keen interest in privacy
- Clear and strong communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Practical experience using Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and privacy tools
- Excellent organisational abilities, with a focus on attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels and be a team player
- Managing stakeholders' expectations and client relationship skills
- Confidence and enthusiasm to present to colleagues and other stakeholders
- Taking ownership of your work and being proactive in your approach
- Flexible to develop new skills
- Commercial acumen
- Good networking skills
Formal data protection and/or information security professional qualifications would be beneficial.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but it will be desirable if you have an interest in or knowledge of the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’