IOT Principal Consultant
We are currently searching for a highly ambitious and motivated individual to lead our Connected Devices/IOT consultancy offering. Working as part of our Digital Services Practice, you will lead on the development and delivery of our IOT services with the support of a wider team. This is a senior level role focussing on increasing revenues from existing and new IOT services. We have an ambitious plan to grow our IOT services over the next 5 years in line with advances in this area and our wider suite of digital services
The successful candidate will come from commercial background, be a subject matter expert in IOT and IoT Security and have pedigree in successfully developing and scaling IOT services. Technical experience in the Energy and Smart Metering sectors will also be an advantage.
- Develop, position and help secure commercially viable IOT solutions as part of our consultancy services offering. This will include linking IOT solutions to a wider suite of Gemserv services (technology led change programmes, cyber security and privacy).
- Partner with our BD team to identify and develop new opportunities. This will require strong business development and stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
- As part of a team, lead on the consultancy delivery of existing IOT Security services across a range of industries including Energy (UK Smart Metering), Health and Public Sector.
- Manage and coach consultants to develop their technical and commercial capability in IOT/Digital Services consultancy.
- Lead on thought leadership development and positioning, including writing engaging content and speaking at events.
- Provide technical consultancy support to Energy and Smart Metering programmes and projects.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Experience and skills in:
- Extensive experience in consultancy service development, including business development positioning, stakeholder management and developing/scaling services.
- Delivering IoT consultancy solutions in ideally in both domestic and industrial markets e.g. Energy, Smart Metering, Connected Health or industrial applications.
- Excellent understanding of IoT solutions, system architectures, cyber security, communication protocols, standards, and data protection.
- HAN technologies (e.g. ZigBee, Z-wave, Thread), LAN technologies (Wi-Fi, Ethernet) and WAN technologies (Cellular, LRR, 5G, NB-IoT, LTE-M).
- Emerging technologies, including cloud services (ideally AWS, Azure and Google Cloud).
- Product development (electronics).
- understanding of IOT architectures in industrial and manufacturing environments.
- IoT security and assurance, including governance and compliance, testing and assurance and emerging regulatory implications and opportunities.
- Future market landscape and best practice.
- Stakeholder management, including exceptional communication skills.
- Proven in developing thought leadership content and representing Gemserv at external events.
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.