Hydrogen Technical Principal Consultant
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Principal Consultant - Hydrogen to join our Low Carbon team to provide technical advice, market insight and strategic support to external clients in this exciting growth sector. The successful candidate will also support the Hydrogen Taskforce, the UK’s leading industry group, which is run by Gemserv.
The role requires the candidate to have a broad knowledge and understanding of hydrogen technologies and applications. This role involves providing insight and expertise, hydrogen technologies. supporting business development, developing white papers and thought leadership to support service developments. Successful candidates will be expected to network, build and manage client and stakeholder relationships. This role will put the candidate at the heart of the debate surrounding hydrogen with a chance to shape its future. It will also give the candidate exposure to key decision makers such as industry leaders, Government Ministers and civil servants
Helping to build Gemserv’s consultancy offering in the hydrogen space and supporting the Hydrogen Taskforce. The Hydrogen Technical Principal Consultant role requires the candidate to have a broad understanding of hydrogen production technologies as well as its applications. An understanding of the debate around hydrogen and the role that the energy vector could play in meeting net zero will also be important. Technical expertise as it relates to project development and integration of hydrogen solutions with the rest of the energy system would also be beneficial.
Candidates wishing to apply for Principal Consultant roles must have an extensive consulting experience, self-management skills and experience in project management. We are looking for individuals that can combine their Hydrogen experience with consulting skills to be able to offer services to our clients.
- Providing insight and expertise to the work of the Hydrogen Taskforce, leading working groups, developing thought leadership through analysing and interpreting information.
- Develop Gemserv’s consultancy offering in the hydrogen space
- Project managing or leading work streams and delivery of consultancy projects; delivering on time and to budget.
- Ownership of the delivery of contracted consultancy projects.
- Networking and effectively engaging with stakeholders and developing wider business opportunities in the hydrogen space to strengthen Gemserv's position as knowledge expert.
- Working closely with the hydrogen team and other Gemserv consultants.
- Speaking at public events to promote Gemserv hydrogen products and services
- Supporting Gemserv's Business Development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities, drafting tenders responses and providing technical input;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts; and
- Operating and delivering within budget and timescales parameter, ideally applying project management methodology.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge in the hydrogen sector
- Proven track record of delivering consultancy or projects in the hydrogen sector.
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong presentation skills, including speaking at external events.
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
- Experience in at least one hydrogen application is required including blue production, green production, infrastructure, heat, industrial applications, fuel cells, transport, power.
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Experience and understanding of the basic accounting models appropriate to projects and forecasting;
- Experience in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders;
Skills and Qualities
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills and attention to detail in high-pressure and tight deadline driven environments;
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal, and numerical and the ability to develop constructive relationships with clients.
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Ability to analyse opportunities, risks & issues on their feet;
- Commercial awareness including proposing & business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message;
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’