Head of Marketing
Are you a leader looking to make a positive impact on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across keys sectors of the UK economy?
Do you want to work for a dynamic company that really values inclusive leadership and provides significant opportunities for you to take your career even further? Are you purpose driven, looking to make a real difference to today’s social and environmental challenges. If so, Gemserv could be for you.
We have experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our communications and marketing activities by employing a Head of Marketing.
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We provide high quality consultancy and outsourcing services to clients across energy, healthcare, public, and other sectors. We believe in ‘Profit with Purpose’, combining commercial disciplines with our desire to achieve a positive social and environmental impact. Our purpose is: Making things that matter work better for everyone.
We have an ambitious 5-year strategy to grow and diversify the business. The business is seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Marketing to lead a marketing team and marketing strategy for the business, supporting our growth ambitions and desire to be a better understood and more influential company.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an effective marketing strategy, marketing plan and deliverables.
- Act as the lead officer in all marketing and communications activities, ensuring high-quality services are delivered effectively, efficiently and consistently, including sign-off of marketing products to ensure common messaging and house style.
- Working with the business to set clear KPIs and targets that demonstrate the effectiveness of marketing and communication activities and to drive continuous improvement, reporting on progress to management and Board.
- Set and manage the marketing budget.
- Manage the Marketing team and act as a mentor to help develop talent in-house.
- Manage and execute campaigns utilising established automation technology.
- Understand product and competitor offerings to ensure messaging remains appropriate and effective.
- Oversee relationships with external vendors and PR, advertising and media firms.
- Other tasks related to performing the role as appropriate.
Experience & Knowledge
- 8+ years experience in a B2B marketing environment, with track record in latest B2B marketing approaches.
- Strong background in demand generation, brand positioning, corporate influence and internal comms, with experience of direct marketing and digital marketing principles.
- Team and budget management.
- Solid IT skills, with ability to pick up new systems quickly (e.g. Sprout Social, Google analytics, Livestorm), including marketing automation systems, with preferred experience in Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot or similar.
- Experience working with SEO, PPC and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Proven track record of meeting event revenue targets.
- Knowledge of our key sectors (e.g. Energy, Public Sector, Health) is desirable.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Great attitude: professional, proactive, enthusiastic and fun to work alongside, with a strong work ethic and willingness to get their hands dirty.
- Highly organised and structured planner with the ability to deliver projects and campaigns on time.
- Outstanding people skills with the ability to manage a team and develop relationships with a wide range of partners and individuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Commercially aware.
- Able to remain calm under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Results-oriented and tenacious.
Upon employment, employee should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Management Systems along with understanding of Gemserv compliance with GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’