Head of Data Analytics
Are you a leader looking to make a positive impact on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across our target sectors?
Do you want to work for a dynamic company that really values inclusive leadership and provides significant opportunities for you to take your career even further?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Data Analytics team by employing the Head of Data Analytics.
The goal of the role is to lead development and growth of a newly created Data Analytics function for Gemserv which will be complementary and value-enhancing for the organisation.
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Defining a Vision and Go-to-Market strategy for Gemserv to grow a sector agnostic data analytics capability. Define and implement the overall Data Analytics Architecture and Roadmap for data management and business intelligence, and develop data-based solutions for new and existing clients while working on bids for data related tenders / projects
- Working closely with clients, design new service offerings to solve some of their most critical business problems, drive commercialisation of ideas and develop both commercial plans to capitalise on new opportunities in data management and data analytics
- Develop and maintain long-term relationship with clients by understanding their data needs and supporting SLAs and digital transformation initiatives
Business Function Management
- Draw and execute on commercial plans (including KPIs) and ensure accurate and timely reporting to help Gemserv achieve its growth and profitability objectives for the function
- Ensure alignment with existing capabilities and help identify cross-sell / up-sell opportunities across the existing service portfolio in collaboration with the wider business
- Have a good knowledge of data analytics and data warehouse platforms and tools and be accountable for recommending and potentially implementing/using appropriate tools in line with the strategy and the development roadmap
- Develop and implement the Data Management capabilities such as Metadata Management, Data Quality CoEs, Master and Reference Data Management, Data Lineage, Analytics, and, in the future, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Intelligence and Hybrid architectures e.g., Big Data Lake / Data Warehouse infrastructures etc.
- Design internal processes for exciting data management projects - from scoping new engagements to promoting service excellence. Implement a governance framework to ensure appropriate controls exist over the use of and output from analytics tools
- Set and deliver short- and long-term objectives for the function and working with clients across multiple sectors, including Energy, Health and Public sectors
- Support the growth and development of our people through team leadership, identifying skills gaps and training opportunities to enable team members to deliver exceptional service
- Identify potential opportunities for value creation by collaborating with other practice leads
We are looking for a professional who can demonstrate experience in one or more of the following:
- Demonstrable relevant experience and/ or qualification in technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics);
- Experience in integration and data architecture tools including big data platforms involving ETL, data modelling and visualization using tools;
- Knowledge of data centric regulatory regimes
- Experience in setting up of a Data Analysis Framework in line with a development roadmap;
- Ideally, design and commercialisation of / support of launch for new value propositions
Fluency in next generation solutions and strategies, operating models and data architecture.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Client-facing experiences and the ability to confidently win new business
- Proven experience in managing a team of direct reports and virtual teams
- Delivery management supported by track-record of excellence and repeat business
- Strong problem-solving skills and data modelling expertise, including forecasting
- Data management/engineering skills
- One or more data visualisation tools
- Experience of working closely with a variety of stakeholders across organisational levels
- Articulate communicator able to concisely explain findings and draw insights from reports and presentations
- Good influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills.
Desired, but not essential:
- Change management
- Project Management Experience – Prince2, Agile
Upon employment, employee should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Management Systems along with understanding of Gemserv compliance with GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you feel that you fit the above requirements and would like to hear more about being part of a growing organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’