Graphic Designer / Digital Content Creator
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional services in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic graphic designer / digital content creator to join our Low Carbon Team.
The Low Carbon Business Unit (LCBU) within Gemserv is a highly focused consultancy specialising in strategy, regulation, policy, innovation and politics affecting the sustainable energy sector in the UK and in the EU. We specialise in helping our clients to achieve tangible and meaningful changes in regulation and policy that will make a real difference to the uptake of sustainable energy. We also deliver Government schemes to support the deployment of low carbon technologies supporting the transition to net zero.
The Digital Content Creator plays a key role in delivering creative content across various projects for the Low Carbon Business Unit (LCBU). Such content includes social media assets; client branded reports, infographics and 2D animations; website content; email content; event materials and so on. The successful candidate will be experienced in using Adobe Creative Cloud to produce creatives – key programmes include Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop. A knowledge of photography composition and using DSLRs is also beneficial.
The Digital Content Creator will be responsible for maintaining a close relationship with the business unit’s key clients in order to deliver their individual requirements. Communication and time management skills are key in managing the needs of different clients, as is a keen eye for detail across the design output and written copy. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and a team player.
- Produce designed content (including animations, stills, videos and infographics) for clients’ websites, social media and events using Adobe Creative Cloud programmes (particularly Illustrator, Indesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Photoshop).
- Format and design reports, briefings and presentations.
- Edit and produce video content for various audiences.
- Ensure that all assets are designed in accordance with each client’s brand guidelines.
- Support our marketing assistant with planning social media timetables and schedule posts for B2B and B2C audiences.
- Produce regular newsletters and emails for various clients ensuring that they are engaging and eye-catching.
- Report on the performance of client’s social media accounts.
- Assist in the creation of paid advertising and promoted posts including the development and evaluation of creative assets.
- Ensuring that all collateral and assets are delivered on time and are processed through the appropriate quality controls and approval processes. Time management is a critical element in the effectiveness of this role, as is the ability to brief and manage projects with clients.
- There is a need to build strong relationships across the team as you will contribute to projects across a range of subject areas including heating, smart energy, energy efficiency, electric vehicles, infrastructure, housing and fuel poverty. You may also work with other teams across health, cyber and digital, and energy to support Gemserv’s corporate marketing team as required.
The Low Carbon business unit works with clients across the energy and environment sector. Experience within/ knowledge of these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will need:
- A solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Graphic design qualifications desirable.
- Understands IT programmes used in marketing, publishing and CRM applications, including web management, multimedia design, and database management such as Word Press, email marketing software (e.g. Mailchimp and dynamics).
- Experience of working with Sharepoint is desirable, although not essential.
- Strong skills and competence in using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word design (including other Microsoft Office suite programmes) for the purpose of designing professional reports and external bid documents.
- The ability to manage several projects and deliver on brief and on time. Ability and passion to liberate content, applying creativity that optimises content is key.
- A professional and discreet manner when handling confidential information verbally or in writing.
- A ‘can do’ attitude when it comes to delivery. Always looking at the bigger picture and trying to come up with the best solution.
- Excellent time management skills and strong process management.
- Strong and confident verbal and written communication.
- Focus and attention to detail and quality is paramount.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’