Governance Consultant (SECAS)
Gemserv has been providing the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service on industry’s behalf, for the past nine years. The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the low carbon smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, an area which continues to provide challenging and stimulating work.
We are looking to recruit a Governance Consultant with excellent written communication and relationship management skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities. An interest or experience in project management would be highly beneficial. The role is part of our Smart Energy Code Administration Service Team (SECAS), which sits within our Energy Business Unit, the largest business unit at Gemserv.
Primarily you will be responsible for managing and attending industry meetings as well as drafting and coordinating meeting documentation for the Smart Energy Code Panel and SECCo Board. The role will involve a mixture of drafting meeting papers and minutes, coordinating Committee meetings, preparing and presenting slides to support the meetings, working closely with the Chair and acting as a quality gatekeeper.
As the Governance Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team, you will be working in a team whose responsibilities are to manage meetings for the SEC Panel and its sub-groups, ensuring meeting documentation and minutes are accurate and well written, the Chair is well supported, and meetings are well run and effective. The team is also responsible for the planning and co-ordination of projects, procurement exercises, cross-committee decisions and delivering the annual corporate governance activities. You will act as a role model for the wider running of committee meetings across the service.
We are looking for a self-starter who is highly organised and will hold themselves and others to high standards of quality, and will proactively identify and drive service enhancements within the wider SECAS team.
- Managing the SEC Panel and Board meetings and its processes, ensuring the SEC obligations are fulfilled - including coordinating meetings and membership elections as required;
- Maintaining the Panel and Board activity planners, ensuring prescribed timelines are diarised and adhered to, leading the example for team members to replicate for the other Sub-Committees;
- Drafting meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Building strong client relationships with the independent Chairs and industry stakeholders;
- Co-ordinating and supporting the procurement process for services such as Independent Chair and consultant support;
- Planning, driving and monitoring cross-committee decisions, ensuring input is captured at the right time and holistically reported to the SEC Panel;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality, and driving quality across the wider SECAS team;
- Continuously improving the processes and products of the team and co-ordinating review of the SECAS team’s Work Instruction Manuals; and
- Ensuring the team meets its service levels by working to, and taking ownership of, deadlines.
Successful candidates will also:
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- have well-developed stakeholder management skills with proven ability to manage upwards, downwards and influence peers;
- have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- have demonstrable project management skills, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes;
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering (desirable); and
- have understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’