Over the past few years, Gemserv has experienced significant growth due to winning new contracts and securing contract extensions with our existing clients. As a result, we are expanding and looking to employ a Governance Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team.
Primarily you will be responsible for managing and attending industry meetings as well as drafting and coordinating meeting documentation for the Smart Energy Code Panel, Board and Technical Sub-Committees. The role will involve a mixture of drafting meeting papers and minutes, coordinating Committee meetings, preparing slides to support the meetings, working closely with the Chairs and acting as a quality gatekeeper.
The role requires strong written skills, relationship management skills, flexibility to manage changing and competing priorities, and a keen eye for detail.
The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the smart meter roll-out programme in Great Britain and providing the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service is a major account for Gemserv. So, if you enjoy working on a high-profile account in a challenging and ground-breaking sector, this is the place for you.
As the Governance Consultant within our Smart Energy Code team, you will be working in a team whose responsibilities are to manage meetings for the SEC Panel and its technical Sub-Committees, ensuring meeting documentation and minutes are accurate and well written, the Independent Chairs are well supported, and that meetings are well run and effective.
The successful candidate will require strong written and relationship management skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities.
We are looking for a self-starter who his highly organised and will hold themselves and others to high standards of quality, and will proactively identify and drive service enhancements within the Committee Support and wider SECAS team.
- Managing the SEC Panel and Board meetings and its processes, ensuring the SEC obligations are fulfilled - including coordinating meetings and membership elections as required;
- Maintaining the Panel and Board activity planners, ensuring prescribed timelines are diarised and adhered to, leading the example for team members to replicate for the other Sub-Committees;
- Drafting meeting papers and technical meeting minutes that are researched, accurate and concise;
- Building strong client relationships with the independent Chairs and industry stakeholders;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality, and driving quality across the Committee Support and wider SECAS team;
- Continuously improving the processes and products of the team with a focus on innovation; and
- Ensuring the team meets its service levels regarding Committee Support by working to and taking ownership of deadlines.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates to have experience of or interest in the UK retail utilities industry, preferably smart metering.
Successful candidates will also:
- have demonstrable project management skills, be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand and communicate technical subjects;
- have well-developed stakeholder management skills with proven ability to manage upwards, downwards and influence peers;
- have very strong written skills with the ability to summarise an issue and convey the point concisely;
- be digitally competent and able to present information in its clearest format for the intended audience;
- strive for excellence in their work being methodical, diligent and paying attention to the detail;
- have experience of drafting new and improving existing processes;
- have experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering;
- be a university graduate or of graduate-calibre;
- have experience of managing direct reports (desirable); and
- have understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable).
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’