Governance Analyst - Retail Energy Code
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Governance Analyst to join our REC team.
The Retail Energy Code (REC) has set a new standard for industry code governance in the GB energy market, differing significantly from existing models under other industry codes. It marks the transition from the traditional ‘Code Administrator’ model to an empowered ‘Code Manager’ function, delivering an accessible set of arrangements in plain English and digital format with robust technical and performance assurance frameworks, and a clear focus on consumer outcomes.
One of the key step-changes is the operation of the change process. Rather than responding reactively to industry driven change, and utilising industry working groups to develop solutions to identified issues, the REC Change Management Team is responsible for the detailed analysis, solution design and requirement specification for all Change Proposals. The responsibility for the development of solutions sits with the Code Manager, and not through the use of industry working groups.
The Change Management Team is empowered and responsible for delivering a strategic programme of change to the industry, proactively raising Change Proposals to address known issues and opportunities and prioritising the change agenda to deliver an innovative, transparent and effective change process that focuses on consumer outcomes.
The Governance Analyst will provide governance and delivery support for the end-to-end change process through to implementation. Creating and providing accurate and timely information across the portfolio of changes, to enable effective control and decision making. Taking on responsibility for the development and progression of low complexity changes and working as part of a project team for high complexity changes.
- Track progress and report against KPIs and SLAs.
- Prepare material for REC Committee meetings and other governance forums.
- Develop and progress low complexity Change Proposals through to implementation, ensuring established Change processes and governance frameworks are followed.
- Produce high quality change documentation to internal quality standards.
- Maintain change management Local Working Instructions
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with other Code Managers and REC Code Manager Service Providers.
- Provide 2nd line support to the service desk to resolve change management queries and assist with front line queries during busy periods.
- Demonstrable experience in the GB energy retail market in a relevant role.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for the GB retail energy market.
- Experience developing solutions to operational and technical issues impacting a variety of stakeholders.
- Adept and versatile with the ability to understand and process complex information.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers, putting consumer outcomes at the heart of what you do.
- A keen eye for detail and the highest standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities or duties.
- Be ambitious, creative, and innovative; learn lessons from their work, share expertise and continuously learn.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional service and positive outcomes for the market and consumers.
- Be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills, working collaboratively towards a shared vision for the future.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’