EV Technical Consultant
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place across the broader energy sector? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your ambitions to take your career to a higher level?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new and extending existing contracts. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Strategy team by employing an EV Technical Consultant to provide technical advisory support to external clients across a number of industry sectors. The role requires the candidate to have a broad knowledge and understanding of how to scale up a large range of EV propositions for SMEs and Corporate companies, including practical experience of working on EV and Charge Point deployment projects.
Technical capabilities - The Technical Consultant role requires the candidate to be well versed in all EV charging technologies, associated standardisation and best practice applicable to both hardware and software. Familiarity of digital integrations and sound engineering processes would also be an advantage; as would experience in smarter energy systems and EV smart grid applications.
The ideal candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills, consultancy, experience of stakeholder engagement and be comfortable working with a diverse range of clients.
Experience in at least one engineering discipline is required e.g. electrical engineering, computing, embedded controllers, big data, algorithmic automation etc. Awareness of commercial and procurement processes and experience of deploying commercial solutions would also be of benefit.
- Technical Consultancy role in the rapidly expanding EV sector, with the opportunity to progress into Connected Autonomous Vehicles.
- Managing the development and delivery of individual consultancy projects; delivering on time and to budget;
- Taking ownership of the delivery of contracted consultancy projects;
- Effectively engaging with stakeholders and developing wider business opportunities in the EV space;
- Working closely with the EV team and other Gemserv consultants;
- Speaking at public events to promote Gemserv EV projects and services;
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the global EV industry with direct experience of delivering technical consultancy projects in this sector.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
- Proven experience of delivering technical consultancy projects in the EV sector;
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical and the ability to develop constructive relationships with clients;
- Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects;
- Proven project management skills;
- Strong presentation skills, including speaking at external events;
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
Upon employment, employee should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Management Systems along with understanding of Gemserv compliance with GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking ‘Apply now’