Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on some of the most dynamic projects taking place across many industry sectors? Do you want to work in an environment where you are supported to realise your ambitions to take your career to a higher level?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Digital Transformation team by employing a specialist with enterprise architecture skills.
You will be key to building our Digital Transformation capability in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and will need to be engaging and able to position Gemserv with new and existing clients through your consultancy experience and networking skills. Ideally, you will already have a good network and experience of commercial business growth.
The role will be based in Ireland, although there will be opportunities to work in the UK requiring you to be flexible regarding travel.
Gemserv are looking for talented digital transformation professionals to growth our business in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. We have a number of fulfilling and interesting senior roles at our clients within government, financial services, utilities and many others across the UK and Ireland. These roles require travel to client sites, predominantly in this case between the UK and Ireland to support client engagements.
As we expand to meet increased demand for our services, we are currently looking for an Enterprise Architect for our digital transformation practice, ideally with a broad range of Business, Data, and Technical architecture skills.
- Advise clients on how to achieve their business objectives and be adaptable in the influencing techniques you use.
- Build fit-for-purpose architectures within complex organisations, including public sector services, with a focus on the architecture across entirety of the organisation.
- Support digital transformation initiatives and on-going change to strategic architectures while maintaining momentum in the delivery of new services.
- Facilitate the creation of governing principles and policies to guide decision making.
- Manage the full lifecycle of an architecture, covering requirements gathering, modelling, and implementation.
- Design assurance, and reconciling solution architectures against an enterprise architecture.
- Use of formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and propose transformation of systems.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, and exposure to, a broad cross-section of different market sectors, and both public and private sector experience.
You must have the following skills and experience:
- Translation and communication of business outcomes into enterprise architecture requirements that can be clearly understood by senior leadership and supply partners.
- Knowledge of how to tailor enterprise architecture methodologies to meet the needs of an organisation to support holistic business change.
- Ability to understand business requirements and how these translate into an enterprise architecture.
- Experience of gathering requirements, documenting and modelling functions and interactions within an organisation.
- Experience of developing visual representations of architectures for business and technical audiences.
- Analysis of complex business and IT environments to identify critical deficiencies and the ability to set out clear recommendations for improvement.
- Adaptable and quickly able to understand organisational drivers, strategies, business needs and enterprise principles.
- Broad technology knowledge with an understanding of legacy, current and emerging technologies, and market trends.
- Commercial understanding of how the selection of technologies delivers best value solutions with a sustainable whole lifecycle cost.
- Certified to an industry recognised architecture standard (e.g. TOGAF).
- Architecture experience – over 3 years as an enterprise architect with experience across the breadth of the architecture spectrum.
- Technology experience – over 5 years within the technology industry.
However, if you lack any of these but are willing to learn, still get in touch.
You should also have the following desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of public sector digital and technology strategies.
- Experience of working with SOA and web based architectures.
- Experience of when to use COTS products, licenced software products, bespoke developments, open source, cloud, and how to take advantage of, and reuse, existing solutions.
- Knowledge of change management including programme and project delivery (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, Agile) with preference given to certifications.
- Knowledge of IT service management (e.g. ITIL) with preference given to certifications..
Successful candidates will also need:
- Ability to develop strategies to influence agendas and raise Gemserv’s profile.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical.
- Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects.
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach.
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients.
- Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
- Open-minded yet sensitive to internal and political constraints.
We are passionate about helping drive market transformation and the data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.