Engagement and Communications Specialist
Gemserv has been providing the Smart Energy Code Administration and Secretariat (SECAS) service on industry’s behalf, for the past nine years. The Smart Energy Code (SEC) underpins the low carbon smart meter rollout programme in Great Britain, an area which continues to provide challenging and stimulating work.
We are looking to recruit an Engagement and Communications Specialist who has strong communication skills (both written and verbal), is well organised, and is efficient administering processes. Ideally the successful candidate would have experience working within the Energy Industry.
The role is part of our Smart Energy Code Administration Service Team (SECAS), which sits within our Energy Business Unit, the largest business unit at Gemserv.The main responsibility of this team is to work with the Energy Industry (e.g. energy suppliers) BEIS, Ofgem and the Data Communications Company (DCC) to ensure that industry participants adhere to the SEC, and that the infrastructure underpinning the smart meter roll out is operating effectively. The team is involved in ensuring that key initiatives are communicated to industry, processes are followed, relationships are maintained, and that changes to both systems and the SEC are supported, as industry needs evolve. This is all managed under the established governance structure of the SEC Panel and its Sub-Committees.
As Engagement and Communications Specialist, you will be part of a smaller team within SECAS, the Party Engagement team. You will be responsible for drafting and editing external communications suitable for a mixture of channels such as emails, newsletters, guidance documents and website content, working alongside internal and external stakeholders. You will also support the delivery of regular webinars, podcasts, workshops and meetings to enhance SEC Party understanding of the Code and industry developments. You will lead engagement calls with parties, build relationships and act on feedback to ensure we are continuously improving our service. A further aspect of your role will be to help manage a Helpdesk, co-ordinating and providing responses to predominantly email queries, and guiding suppliers through the process of becoming SEC Parties and DCC Users, which involves both external and internal liaison across the wider Smart Energy Code Administration Service (SECAS) team.
You will also be responsible for managing end to end processes and applications, such as the Central Products List and changes to Party details. The successful candidate will require excellent communication and relationship management skills, attention to detail, as well as flexibility to manage priorities. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly organised and will hold themselves and others to high standards of quality and who will challenge established processes, and proactively identify and drive service enhancements within the Party Engagement and wider SECAS team. There is potential for the scope of the role to change over time, in line with candidate skills, and as we review how we structure the team to deliver the best client experience.
- Drafting and editing external communications and collaborating with internal stakeholders to deliver high quality, well-written and targeted communications;
- Co-ordinating and presenting at engagement events; whether in-person or via webinar, managing and acting on feedback from attendees;
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve SEC queries and ensure guidance is clear and up to date;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including energy suppliers, the Data Communications Company (DCC), Ofgem and BEIS;
- Managing the SECAS helpdesk and ensuring emails are responded to in a timely manner;
- Guiding customers through key processes and progressing applications;
- Continuously improving the processes used by the team with a focus on innovation and digitalisation; and
- Ensuring that we deliver exceptional service to our client.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- the ability to understand and communicate technical subjects and convey points concisely using plain English;
- strong client and stakeholder management skills, able to proactively identify stakeholder requirements, problem solve and manage expectations;
- the ability to use your initiative, anticipate and address problems at an early stage and make decisions under pressure;
- be able to manage time and a varied workload, and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- strong attention to detail;
- experience in UK retail utilities/UK Smart Metering (desirable but not essential);
- flexibility and adaptability to react to changing demands and needs, including reprioritisation of work; and
- proficiency in the use of excel, word, powerpoint and project management tools (MS Project)
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’