Energy Solutions Consultant
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, proactive and organised individual to join our Energy Solutions team, supporting our energy and metering contracts ensuring exceptional service throughout.
The key responsibilities of this role are to ensure that we offer exceptional service to our clients, while supporting in a governance and technical capacity, providing second line support to all contracts.
Primarily you will be responsible for leading and managing industry meetings as well as drafting and coordinating meeting documentation for trade associations. The role will involve a mixture of drafting meeting papers, coordinating meetings, working closely with the Chairs and acting as a quality gatekeeper. In addition to this, you will be working as part of a team to drive growth and value for our clients and the business.
The role requires strong written skills, relationship management skills, flexibility to manage changing and competing priorities, a keen eye for detail, and a positive can-do attitude. We are looking for a self-starter who is highly organised, motivated, and will hold themselves and others to high standards of quality and will proactively identify and drive service enhancements within the wider Energy Solutions team.
- Liaise with our clients to effectively deliver the day-to-day operational activities, such as organising meetings, answering technical queries, writing and reviewing papers, and driving actions;
- Work closely with the wider team to ensure our contracts get the support needed;
- Reviewing documents to ensure accuracy, consistency and quality, and driving quality across the contracts and wider Energy Solutions team;
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure client satisfaction is constantly monitored and any opportunities are explored;
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration with internal and external colleagues;
- Develop knowledge and expertise in energy metering and across specified contracts;
- Support development of marketing material and lead on website changes and improvements;
- Maintenance of guidance documents and FAQs;
- Work with the management team to review processes, identify improvements and carry out quality assurance with a focus on innovation;
- Understand and manage risk in terms of lack of knowledge, including the impact on the customer experience. Organise and/or deliver training to ensure that knowledge is disseminated and utilised; and
- Lead by example, motivating and inspiring junior team members to take ownership and put client needs at the forefront of our services.
At Gemserv, we take a flexible approach to recruitment but ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the UK retail utilities industry, preferably electricity, gas or smart metering.
To be successful in the role the post-holder should be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical;
- Flexibility to regularly react to changing demands and reprioritise workload accordingly;
- Experience of dealing with budgets or managing accounts;
- Track record of working to targets through a systematic approach;
- Interest in and understanding of the energy industry and ability to disseminate technical information to relevant parties;
- Experience of or interest in coaching and developing junior members of staff;
- Ability to develop relationships with external clients and to help raise Gemserv’s profile; and
- Preferably experience within the GB Energy Market.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’