Energy Practice - Consultant
Are you looking to develop your career and become a key employee in a rapidly expanding and dynamic organisation? Do you want the responsibility and accountability to be able to demonstrate your abilities on some of the most high-profile projects taking place across the wider energy sector?
Gemserv has experienced significant growth in recent years, winning new contracts and seeing our role on existing ones extended. We have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking to strengthen our Energy Practice by employing a Consultant.
Working at Gemserv provides a great opportunity to develop your career in one of the economy’s most dynamic sectors and for this role we’re looking for candidates who have gained experience within a regulated industry and are now looking to take the next step.
We are currently looking to recruit passionate consultants to work within our growing Consultancy Practice. The Practice works across the Energy, Smart, Environment, Information Security sectors providing governance, programme management and advisory services to our existing and new clients.
This role involves providing insight and expertise into short term consultancy assignments and projects, supporting business development, white papers and thought leadership ideas as part of our focus on service developments. Successful candidates will be expected to network, build and nurture client and stakeholder relationships.
Candidates wishing to apply for Consultant roles must have a working knowledge of industry, sound consulting experience, self-management skills and experience in project management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate core experience in a highly regulated yet commercial environment, within the Energy sector, which they can apply to an ongoing and varies range of assignments. Specific responsibilities to include:
- Apply UK energy (electricity and/or gas) industry knowledge around smart, code governance, market design, supplier management to a range of assignments;
- Providing insight into consultation responses and thought leadership through analysing and interpreting information;
- Leading project work streams for a variety of energy industry projects;
- Supporting Gemserv’s Business Development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities, drafting tenders responses and providing technical input;
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the energy industry to strengthen Gemserv’s position as knowledge expert;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts; and
- Operating and delivering within budget and timescales parameter, ideally applying project management techniques.
Experience and Knowledge
- Working knowledge/understanding of the Energy and/or Smart Metering sectors;
- Passion for growing and building expertise in UK Energy governance and regulation;
- Sound consulting skills, supported by a passion to develop in this area;
- Project management techniques;
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Understanding of the basic accounting models appropriate to project budgeting; and
- Experience in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Qualities
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills and attention to detail in high-pressure and tight deadline driven environments;
- Excellent, relevant and timely written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Ability to analyse opportunities, risks & issues on their feet;
- Commercial awareness including proposing “add-on” business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company’s message;
- Flexibility and adaptability to regularly react to changing demands and needs of the industry and reprioritise work.
We are passionate about helping drive the energy market transformation and data revolution. We work right across our sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued.
We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’