Electric Vehicles - Consultant
Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic EV Consultant to join our Low Carbon team to provide technical advisory support to external clients across a number of industry sectors.
The role requires the candidate to have a broad knowledge and understanding of how to scale up a large range of EV propositions for SMEs and Corporate companies, including practical experience of working on EV and Charge Point deployment projects.
Technical Consultancy role in the rapidly expanding EV sector, with the opportunity to progress into Connected Autonomous Vehicles.
Technical capabilities - The Technical Consultant role requires the candidate to be well versed in all EV charging technologies, associated standardisation and best practice applicable to both hardware and software. Familiarity of digital integrations and sound engineering processes would also be an advantage as would experience in smarter energy systems and EV smart grid applications
• Managing the development and delivery of individual consultancy projects; delivering on time and to budget.
• Taking ownership of the delivery of contracted consultancy projects.
• Effectively engaging with stakeholders and developing wider business opportunities in the EV space.
• Working closely with the EV team and other Gemserv consultants.
• Speaking at public events to promote Gemserv EV projects and services.
Ideally for this role we are looking for candidates to have an interest in, or exposure to, the global EV industry with direct experience of delivering technical consultancy projects in this sector.
Successful candidates will have the following experience:
• Proven experience of delivering technical consultancy projects in the EV sector.
• Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal, and numerical and the ability to develop constructive relationships with clients.
• Willingness to take accountability and responsibility for projects.
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong presentation skills, including speaking at external events.
• Experience of actively supporting colleagues to achieve their goals.
• Experience in at least one engineering discipline is required e.g. electrical engineering, computing, embedded controllers, big data, algorithmic automation etc. Awareness of commercial and procurement processes and experience of deploying commercial solutions would also be of benefit.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Yoga sessions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, employees are currently working from home.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application letter to us.