Are you looking for a fast-paced role, which brings variety, opportunity, and challenge?
Do you want to apply your analytical skills to tackling climate change and low carbon policy issues?
Can you communicate analysis to those at c-suite level?
If so, we’re looking for an Economic Analyst to deliver purposeful analysis across client accounts and projects, to inform industry decision-making, strategy development, and investment.
From day one you will be placed at the heart of the energy transition, working across hydrogen, heat pumps, biofuels, and a range of other low-carbon technologies, developing your profile as a low-carbon expert with a holistic understanding of technological and policy opportunities, challenges, and limitations.
This will be underpinned by your ability to create evidence-based numerical analysis which we will support you to communicate to key industry decision makers (including MPs, CEOs, managing directors and boards).
Previous analysis has been used across industry, used by MPs in debates, and has featured widely across leading news outlets, and has shaped new policies which have driven efficiencies and low-carbon technology uptake.
Currently, the energy industry is taking a leap into a low-carbon future, which brings unprecedented challenge and opportunity, and has kickstarted discussions regarding the optimum pathway to a net zero future. Your work will inform and influence these narratives and the debate alongside our clients and wider industry.
- Using numbers and patterns to influence current and future net zero policy
- Forming creative arguments in order to position client ambitions for policy change successfully
- Developing a strong evidence base and objective and logical arguments
- Influencing executive decision making in government
- Quantitative analysis across multiple criteria (i.e. commercial, economic, or environmental) across policy, business models and low-carbon products
- Scenario modelling – exploring the future outlook of industry and policy, to inform client investment decisions and resource allocation
- Communicating analysis methods and outcomes clearly and concisely to senior industry figures and stakeholders with little background in numerical analysis
- Managing a diverse and demanding workload, delivering projects accurately and on time.
- The role will require the completion of varied assignments working with industry and government to shape low carbon energy policy and analyse the costs and benefits of the net zero transition.
- Working within project teams to deliver client outcomes
- A mix of project and account work
Skills & Requirements
The role is ideally suited for an analyst finalising a university degree, or a recent graduate with up to 2 years of work experience. The successful candidate will be a numbers person, objective and fact based, whilst being able to effectively communicate your analysis to senior industry figures.
Candidates will be considered if they meet the majority of below skills
- Communication and relationship building skills: clear and concise communication, including verbal, numerical and written methods. Can explain complex topics simply and build relationships with employees at all levels. Works well within a team.
- Analytical skills: high degree of numeracy, confidence with data manipulation, and the ability to think logically and creatively about complex problems
- Modelling skills: capability across the MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel to carry out economic analysis.
- Organisation and flexibility: strong time management skills, and ability to handle competing priorities/deadlines, and independently manage project delivery to client expectations.
- Teamwork: capacity to operate as a team player working co-operatively with colleagues and clients.
- Academic background: degree at graduate or postgraduate level preferably in Economics, Finance, other social sciences- other numerate degrees will also be considered.
- Project management: experience developing and/or implementing project plans and business proposals
- Some experience working in the energy or utilities, environmental sector, or with public policy would be advantageous.
- Confidence and enthusiasm to present to colleagues and other stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
Gemserv is an expert provider of professional services. We are purpose-driven, working across multiple sectors including energy, low carbon, the public sector and health to tackle today’s social and environmental challenges. Established in 2002, the business provides a range of consultancy and outsourcing capabilities including programme management, market design and governance. We also have extensive and award winning capabilities across cyber security, data privacy and digital transformation. We are a B Corp, IIP Gold accredited and a Financial Times Leading Management Consultancy for 2021 and 2022. Our purpose is marking things that matter work better for everyone.
The nature of what we do means we are very much a people business. The contribution every member of the team makes to our diverse range of experience, skills and personalities is valued. We invest heavily in learning and development to enable our people to develop skills and gain experience which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed to more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees value. We also offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries including bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, Cycle to Work scheme and more.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’