Gemserv is constantly looking ahead to ensure we continue to deliver exceptional service in a rapidly changing world. Our business is evolving, but we remain clear about where we want to be and how we want to get there. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Economic Analyst to join the Low Carbon team.
Evidence backed by sound economic analysis lies at the heart of Low Carbon team’s success in shaping the sustainability debate. The successful applicant will be an ambitious, detail-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and an interest in the low carbon economy. A high degree of numeracy, confidence with data manipulation, and the ability to think logically and creatively about complex problems is essential. The role additionally requires the ability to communicate analytical findings to business leaders and government officials, in written reports and through presentations.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working flexibly as part of a team to deliver diverse projects to time, with drive and enthusiasm. The role will require the completion of varied assignments working with industry and government to shape low carbon energy policy and analyse the costs and benefits of the net zero transition.
The role is ideally suited for an analyst finalising a university degree, or a recent graduate with up to 2 years of work experience.
Analytical skills: strong analytical/quantitative skills to conduct commercial and economic appraisal of policy proposals and business models.
• Communication skills: ability to convert this analysis into easily understood discourse and present it to internal and external audiences.
• Commercial awareness: ability to understand diverse project briefs, and desired: to develop and implement project plans based on client requirements and/or tender document description.
• Modelling skills: capability across the MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel to carry out economic analysis.
• Organisation and flexibility: ability to handle competing priorities/deadlines, and independently manage project delivery to time and client brief.
• Teamwork: capacity to operate as a team player working co-operatively with colleagues and clients.
• Academic background: degree at graduate or postgraduate level preferably in economics. Finance, other social sciences, and numerate degrees will also be considered. An interest and passion for the sustainability agenda is also desirable.
Gemserv's foundations are rooted in the electricity, gas and smart metering industries. Experience within these markets is desired but not essential.
Successful candidates will also need:
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and numerical
- Excellent organisational abilities, with a focus on attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines and manage a team’s output
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels and to be a team player
- Confidence and enthusiasm to present to colleagues and other stakeholders
- Experience developing and/or implementing project plans and business proposals
- Some experience working in the energy or utilities, environmental sector, or with public policy would be advantageous.
- Practical experience using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Profit related Bonus (discretionary)
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Flexible working
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Life Assurance (up to 4 times annual salary)
- Matched pension contributions
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and Sell annual leave
- Reimbursement of eye test and up to £50 towards glasses or contacts
- Corporate gym rates
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer and Christmas parties, along with monthly Gembar
We are an expert provider of professional services in a world driven by data and technology. We work across various sectors, from government bodies to global blue-chip organisations and small independent companies.
Due to the nature of what we do, we are a people business. The contribution from every member of the team expands our workforce’s diverse range of experience, skills and personalities – each individually valued.
Gemserv is an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
We heavily invest in the learning and development opportunities, enabling our people to develop skills and gain experience, which will enhance career prospects for life. Many who started their careers with us have rapidly progressed into more senior positions.
At Gemserv no two days are the same, but we believe in a flexible approach to working which we know our employees’ value. That focus on encouraging a positive work/life balance extends to the many regular social events where employees get the opportunity to meet people from across the business and the wider industry in a more informal environment.
If you can see yourself working at Gemserv, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and application to us by clicking ‘Apply now’